NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Install, Can't Watch or Record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have the Hauppauge 1250, install on Mint 19 went find. Found the channels, but not able to watch tv and recordings fail. 

Logs attached.
If you restart the server will it play?

Also note the OTA guide in the US is terrible for serious PVR purposes

Martin
Restarting worked. What's the best way to  setup an XMLTV guide? I've done it on Windows, but not tried it on Linux.

Spoke too soon, can watch TV but recording still fail. Watching TV failed again too, had to again restart the service. I put the stream in VLC and was able to record that way.
(2020-07-23, 03:53 AM)MikeN2020 Wrote: [ -> ]What's the best way to  setup an XMLTV guide?

You can create a .sh script to retrieve the xmltv data ... https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/Scripts

You can specify XMLTV as the source for EPG data for each channel and/or use Bulk Map ... https://github.com/sub3/NextPVR/wiki/Setup-EPG
(2020-07-23, 03:53 AM)MikeN2020 Wrote: [ -> ]Restarting worked. What's the best way to  setup an XMLTV guide? I've done it on Windows, but not tried it on Linux.

Spoke too soon, can watch TV but recording still fail. Watching TV failed again too, had to again restart the service. I put the stream in VLC and was able to record that way.

Rather than going through all the effort to setup an XMLTV guide, you should really consider using Schedules Direct. You can get a free trial to test it out. Support is built-in to NextPVR so it is very easy to setup and use. Plus it provides good quality data (with things like season/episode, premier/finale indicators, new indicators, etc.) and channel and show images which are very fast to load in NextPVR v5.
Still having trouble watching and recording. it seems to work for a few hours then the server needs to be restarted. Check it last night and it was working, scheduled a recording morning but it failed.

The server status says it is running. Under device status on the web page, it says no devices are currently active.
Is the reason you are scanning so often? I already think that could be a source of a problem which is why I suggested the restart.

Martin