NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ATV4K - No alpha-numeric PIN Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, after a Windows 10 update (ver. 2400) my Apple TV4K NextPVR app now searches endlessly for my server. I have re-installed both the NextPVR server on my PC and re-installed the Apple TV app a couple of times. On the IOS app on my phone I can access both inside/outside the LAN if I add the private/public IPs and password (alpha-numeric). On the web app on my PC I can watch and record TV without any issues. Unfortunately, when I try to add a server on the Apple TV the PIN can only be numeric, so I can't access the server.
The PIN doesn't have to be alpha numeric for remote access it just can't be 0000

Martin
(2020-08-13, 01:07 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]The PIN doesn't have to be alpha numeric for remote access it just can't be 0000

Martin

Yes, but I'd rather not change my PIN to numeric. The IOS iphone app allows alpha-numeric the ATV app currently does not.
Ok I see this is just a request for a future change for sub. For now for extra security you may be able to add more than four digits.

Martin
I've fixed this for the next build of the AppleTV app.