NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Usb Recording Mounted Hard Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm having difficulty finding my mounted usb drive  formatted with ntfs. The drive shows up on the linux desktop running on a Raspberry pi 4 as being mounted but when I go to change my recording location in nextpvr Version: 5.0.8.200823   I dont see the drive in the directories list anywhere. Currently all recordings are on my micro sd card. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Did you follow the instructions on setting the permissions https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid524823

Martin
Thanks for the reply Martin being new to the linux distro and formally a windows nextpvr user my linux abilities are limited but I like the idea of running off the raspberry pi. Is what your suggesting that I ssh into the rasperry pi and enter the code syntax your link suggested?
Yes. Be aware that hust like Windows it is possible the USB drives don't get mapped where you they are now if you insert other USB drives at boot. There are ways around it if you search the net, or just avoid doing that.

Martin
I think I need a step by step the drive is mounted but still can't see it in the directories when trying to change the recording and tv buffer directory.
Rather then navigating can't you just type it in?

Martin
Tried that it shows 0 available space for recording.
Let me see what your mount shows one folder down ie for /media/usba

ls -lt /media

and also send your zipped logs.

Martin