NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unscheduled Stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else is running into this problem. I'm watching a show that I previously recorded and decide I've seen enough so I press the Stop button on my Hauppauge remote. To my dismay the MVP jumps to the welcome page where it is attempting to contact the server... This type of behavior is now also starting to happen when I interact with the TV Guide. Typically when I want to view the guide. It is also starting to happen when I attempt to start viewing a pre-recorded show, or live TV or a recording in progress. Tonight I had at least 1 instance of each of these incidences and I was only recording one little 30 minute show (I have 2 tuners on my pc). It doesn't happen all the time, but currently it seems like a terminally ill patient who has their "good days and bad days" (please note sarcasm). I do have a rather underpowered PC running Windows XP Pro on a P3 with about 300MB of RAM and a 160GB hard drive (I splurged in the drive). I've started tweaking the settings for the MVP in GBPVR like extending the buffer time and such, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm also running this from one end of my house to another room via a wireless connection. I don't think this is the problem because I'm using 54G and a pretty good gaming adaptor on the MVP, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Any ideas any one? Sorry for the long post. This has been weighing on me.... Sad
When the MVP sends a request to GB-PVR, it expects a response within about 8 seconds. If it doesnt get it it disconnects. Its likely that something is taking too long on your machine, and GB-PVR is unable to respond in this timeframe.
I had a problem also with the MediaMVP and a wireless gaming adapter using 54g. I found out that there was interference intermittantly on the wireless that affected the performance of the mediamvp.
My wife actually tracked it down to the microwave causing the interference while she was watching a movie on the MVP. I've since run hardwire ethernet to the MVP and the interference is gone and performance has improved. You might want to try running an ethernet cable temporarily to your MVP and see if it fixes your problem. Smile