NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Arch x64 install fails ATSC scan ("status":"Error: No such file or directory")
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After getting dtv-scan-tables-git installed, I went to do an ATSC scan and it gives:

Code:
[4] {"stat":"ok",                                                                                                                                               
"complete":true,                                                                                                                                                 
"status":"Error: No such file or directory",                                                                                                                     
"channels": [                                                                                                                                                   
]

And yes I did try restarting NextPVRServer.dll and logout/login to the web client.  The log didn't seem to provide any better clue as to what path is causing the 'status' failure.

As an aside, regarding the thread that mentioned the Devices being generically named (ref: https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...047&page=3), please use my logs if it helps that endeavor.  :-)
My ATSC and QAM adapters are both named "Local Recorder (adapter0)" while the log shows e.g.:
Code:
<name>adapter0 (Samsung S5H1409 QAM/8VSB Frontend)</name>
<type>ATSC</type>
<filter>adapter0</filter>

and...
Code:
<name>adapter0 (Samsung S5H1409 QAM/8VSB Frontend)</name>
<type>QAM</type>
<filter>adapter0</filter>

Maybe something like {type}: {name} or similar would be better to populate the 'Devices' ?  I can instead reply to the other thread with this if that's preferred (don't want to necro).
Thanks!
I've mentioned to sub before the dependencies for users who don't use the deb installer are missing a few recommended packages

dvb-tools,
libdvbv5-0,
dtv-scan-tables,
libc6-dev

Martin
(2020-09-22, 04:06 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I've mentioned to sub before the dependencies for users who don't use the deb installer are missing a few recommended packages

dvb-tools,
libdvbv5-0,
dtv-scan-tables,
libc6-dev

Martin

I've added these to the manual install instructions.
Thanks @mvallevand!  I had seen you mention "Installing dvb-tools and libdvbv5-0 will also be useful if you want to test your dvb devices outside NextPVR" in the other aforementioned thread, so assumed they werem't needed to get NPVR to scan?  Looking at the dvb-tools debian page, it is part of v4l-utils, which I already have (along with lib32-v4l-utils, fwiw).  I also installed "linuxtv-dvb-apps" and "w_scan2" from aur just in case, also no help.  Unless of course the Arch packages are missing what are in the debian packages.  Or installed to a different directory... so the question is, what missing path is causing "status":"Error: No such file or directory" ?

The libc6 (or libc6-dev, as you mentioned) package I'm not sure about; there is an aur package that (after fixing the PKGBUILD) "provides libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3" with:
Code:
./libg++-3-libc6.2-2-2.8.1.3.so
./libstdc++-3-libc6.1-2-2.10.0.so
./libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
./libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
./libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
./libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
./libg++-libc6.2-2.so.3

Still no help (if even relevant); this aur package was the only reference to libc6 that I could find in Arch.

I see this deb pkg: libc6_2.31-3_amd64.deb ?  I can convert it to arch if that's what I need.  But is this really the issue?
Thanks again!

PS - I should mention this PC dual boots to Win10 where NPVR v5 works a-ok. ;-)
if you send the zip I am not seeing the device log so I wonder if your followed the step to chmod DeviceHostLinux the documentation would have to be changed for you to

cd /home/t1700/NextPVR/

Martin
(2020-09-22, 08:15 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]if you send the zip I am not seeing the device log so I wonder if your followed the step to chmod DeviceHostLinux the documentation would have to be changed [...]

Yup I did the chmod from the extracted NextPVR directory, as you mentioned.  I had also verified the permissions afterward:

Code:
[t1700@T1700 NextPVR]$ find . -name DeviceHostLinux -exec ls -Al {} \;
-rwxr-xr-x 1 t1700 t1700 535376 Aug  2 08:48 ./DeviceHost/arm32/DeviceHostLinux
-rwxr-xr-x 1 t1700 t1700 674536 Jul  5 17:08 ./DeviceHost/arm64/DeviceHostLinux
-rwxr-xr-x 1 t1700 t1700 686440 Aug 16 10:08 ./DeviceHost/x64/DeviceHostLinux

I just went to check and specify the exact step of the Scan button that fails... and now it's scanning.  Undecided  I think the issue was I had been starting the server from outside the NextPVR directory; like "dotnet ~/NextPVR/NextPVRServer.dll". After checking the above files, I was in the directory when I started it, and is working.  So it was a relative path issue, hence not finding the path. ;-)  Anyway, thanks for the help!  Once I hopefully get video output, I'll remove the extraneous testing packages to verify what all is really needed for Arch x64.

Ok, scan went well; looks the same as the Win10 setup.  The EPG update hung at the (60sec) scan timeout, channels wouldn't connect to the device, and eventually got a red timeout error. New logs attached from this; and I see a device log now.  :-)  After killing and restarting the server, channels appear to be streaming but Firefox gives a "Browser blocked video playback" error.  Probably something simple? [Edit: ah, yup.] Channel audio/video is now working! Now on to the EPG...

Speaking of the Manual Install instructions, the "NextPVR needs a current .NET Core 3.1 runtime to be installed" part should be updated to say, "NextPVR needs a current 'ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.x' to be installed" since just installing ".NET Core Runtime 3.1.8" does not work.  :-)  And if dvb-tools libdvbv5-0 are only to "test your dvb devices outside NextPVR" I think the instructions should specify that.
Ultimately what we need is users like you to update the wiki for non Debian platforms which make up by far the number of installs.

I checked the logs and there is no indication why it stopped. If you are manually running NextPVR don't mouse the screen.

Martin
(2020-09-22, 09:23 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately what we need is users like you to update the wiki for non Debian platforms which make up by far the number of installs.

I checked the logs and there is no indication why it stopped.  If you are manually running NextPVR don't mouse the screen.

Will do; I guess it would also help if sub's linux install post pointed to the wiki.  :-)

I retried the EPG, and still gets stuck and eventually times out on the first channel with:
Code:
[24] Unexpected error on LocalRecorder.StartStream(): System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.                                                     
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()                                                                                                                   
  at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)                                                                                                   
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)                                                                                 
  at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)                       
  at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request)                                                     
  at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data)                                                                                 
  at NShared.LocalRecorder.StartStream(ChannelMapping channelMapping, String target, String& reason)
The top middle of each page points to the wiki.

I added a note I saw that error with a possible cause. Also check dmesg and journalctl it seems like a driver error. If your restart NextPVR it will drop the devices and reconnect I'd give that a go.

Martin
It has been a while since I installed NextPVR on Arch.  As far as dependencies I know I installed:
glibc
mediainfo
libmediainfo
libgdiplus
ffmpeg
aspnet-runtime I have installed aspnet both from Arch repository and by doing a manual install following these instructions dotnet manual install

Being in the US using ota broadcasting I only needed "us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB-062009"

I may not have time for a couple days but I still have Arch installed and running on another computer so I can see if I can find anything else that might help.

Craig
Pages: 1 2