NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Auto Update EPG not running as scheduled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed that recently my PC does not wake up from sleep to auto update the EPG.
I expected to find a scheduled task in Windows Task Scheduler but there is not any entry.
It is set in settings to update at 07:00 AM but it does not work anymore.
The EPG appears to update but only after the PC is woken by another task (usually Macrium Reflect to perform a backup).
It used to be so reliable, can anyone help me fix this short of a clean reinstall...
Many thanks
Bob
(2020-10-23, 07:21 AM)Bobbybear Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that recently my PC does not wake up from sleep to auto update the EPG.

NextPVR should be sending a message to Windows requesting that Windows wake up to do the EPG update.

Does the EPG update work if you do it manually? ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...n.Channels

Please attach your logs to a post and we might be able to see what's happening ... Thanks.
These are not Windows scheduled tasks but you can see them as admin with

powercfg -waketimers

Martin
Hi Graham
The EPG Update works manually, it actually works when another program wakes the PC.
NPVR does not wake the PC at the set EPG update time and I cannot find a Scheduled Task in Windows Task Scheduler to do this, or does the program do it from within without setting up a task
Log files attached as requested.
Regards
Bob
(2020-10-23, 01:49 PM)Bobbybear Wrote: [ -> ]NPVR does not wake the PC at the set EPG update time and I cannot find a Scheduled Task in Windows Task Scheduler to do this, or does the program do it from within without setting up a task

NextPVR Recording Service does the EPG Update ... there is no scheduled task.

nrecord.log.1 has ...

Quote:2020-10-22 10:02:11.866 [DEBUG][10] Requesting wake up for 'EPGWAKEUP' at 23/10/2020 07:00

2020-10-22 10:02:11.866 [DEBUG][10] Next EPG update time: 23/10/2020 07:00

NextPVR is asking Windows to wake the computer at 07.00 ... As Martin says, try using powercfg to diagnose ... Reboot the computer ... wait a few minutes fror NextPVR to settle ... powercfg -waketimers in command prompt started as Administrator
-waketimers will show when the PC is scheduled to wake but only if the recording service is running. If the recording service or the PC are shutdown it won't wake like it might with a scheduled task. You would need to make sure NextPVR is not not crashing by checking the event viewer.

Other than that make sure your PC can reliably wake.

Martin
The PC wakes reliably enough from sleep for other application and for NPVR to record programs no problems.
when I run CMD I get this error which I don't know how to get around:
C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -waketimers
Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x65b) has occurred: Function failed during execution.

I have looked at event viewer and the first event today is not 07:00 but 07:04 which is strange but the PC is woken by Macrium to backup at 07:05.
The event viewer gives this.
Log Name: Application
Source: BrYNSvc
Date: 23/07/2020 07:04:12
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Bobs-PC4
Description:
The operation completed successfully.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="BrYNSvc" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-23T06:04:12.7107614Z" />
<EventRecordID>7209</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Bobs-PC4</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>Bad service request</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Then again at 07:14

Log Name: Application
Source: NPVR Recording Service
Date: 23/07/2020 07:04:12
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Bobs-PC4
Description:
PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="NPVR Recording Service" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-23T06:04:12.7257610Z" />
<EventRecordID>7210</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Bobs-PC4</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>PowerEvent handled successfully by the service.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

The .xml file in the XLMTV folder was written at 07:14

Strange
(2020-10-23, 03:27 PM)Bobbybear Wrote: [ -> ]The PC wakes reliably enough from sleep for other application and for NPVR to record programs no problems.

I have nothing ... What is logged (inc. event viewer) if you change the EPG Auto Update time to an hour when nothing, absolutely nothing, else is happening and nothing is trying to wake the 'puter?
Are you sure you ran powercfg as admin?

Martin
Quote:2020-10-22 10:02:11.866 [DEBUG][10] Requesting wake up for 'EPGWAKEUP' at 23/10/2020 07:00
If you get this much, then NextPVR has lived up to it's end of the bargain, and has asked Windows to wake up at that time. If it's not waking, this will be something Windows or your PC is doing wrong.

As mvallevand said, running as administrator, 'powercfg -waketimers' should list the wake up event.
Pages: 1 2