NextPVR Forums

Full Version: WinTV-HVR-2255 showing "(unavailable)"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Nextpvr now detects my 2255, scans for channels and finds all 48, but in settings-devices after the name is white text in parentheses saying "unavailable".  If I try to watch live TV I get "failed to start requested stream".

Could this be a user access issue?

Thanks,
-Brad
Hard to guess. You'd probably have to post logs so we can see what's happening.
You should wait for the next build of NextPVR that renames the conf file on a scan.

Martin
(2020-10-25, 04:01 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to guess. You'd probably have to post logs so we can see what's happening.

Duh, what's wrong with me?  Guess I'm out of practice.  Although I've been more than "a little" scatter-brained the last couple months.

It's back running Windows now to record the Packers' game for my wife, I'll get the logs posted later when I can get Linux booted up again.
As Martin suggested, it'll be worth updating to todays build, and rescanning. There was a bug in this area for new Linux scans in the build from last weekend.
The logs indicate that it's using the old folder paths I had used (back in May) for the recordings (/media/bmserver/), even though I had updated those in the settings page.  I renamed npvr.db3 again and will start over, 3rd times the charm!
Did you get today's update installed and rescanned? The logs still show the old version. 5.0.9.201018

config.xml stores the path not the database.

Martin
Working on it. That log was from this morning right before the Packers game, I took a look and saw the old path referenced in there an thought that might be a known issue.
Looks like my folder "chown" didn't take, still root:root. I used the bash file script but should have checked that it actually took. Doing a little reading, looks like it could be something to do with the drives being NTFS. Will dig in more and report back.
Posts got out of order.

The update to 5.09.201026 didn't seem to help, but log file still indicates it can't open the recording in the path it's using (which is now correct path).

logs attached.
Pages: 1 2