NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recording service not running at recording time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just noticed I had 3 recordings fail last night (Sunday) at 7:30pm and 8pm on two different channels with the error "Recording service not running at recording time."  Those were the only 3 shows set to record during that time window.  We have recording from 7pm and 8:30pm, so it was working before and after.  I was not doing any server maintenance during that time, in fact I'm pretty sure I was watching football recorded earlier in the day on the server PC.

The same programs recorded fine on Friday and before, but it looks like I had some others fail on Friday with this same error.  No failures with this error prior to that that I could find.

My logs only go back to 10am this morning (Monday), so that doesn't help.  Anywhere else I can look for info?

I'll keep a closer eye on recording status and post logs if it happens again.

Thanks,
-Brad
If the server failed you can say information in dmesg and journalctl that you might be able to look into. NextPVR doesn't support power management on linux so you need to keep your sever up 24/7

Martin
With the exception of reboots and upgrades, I've had a server running 24x7 since 2005! 

I was playing back a recording with Kodi-knewc on the server PC when the recording failure occurred Sunday evening.

Nothing in dmesg that references nextpvr.

I do have a whole bunch of these messages listed from journalctl like this:

Code:
server.sh[6204]: /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-ATSC-channels.conf: No such file or directory

which is accurate, that file does not exist.  I do have a .conf file for adapter1, which should be the same (dual tuner card).  I could copy the file over if that would do anything.  In NextPVR web interface, Settings-Devices both adapter0 and adapter1 show the same channel setup.

Thanks,
-Brad
I seem to recall in one post I told you you needed to rescan because of.a bug in an older version. I suspect you never did.

Martin
Maybe related, but I just had another recording fail with "The operation has timed out." error. 

I see this in adapter0 log:
22:00:40:680 [ERROR] Failed to get tuning params for (Decades) from /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-ATSC-channels.conf

So I guess I do need that file and have copied from adapter1 file.  I swear this adapter was working before.  Perhaps I'll have to do some diagnostics on my SSD.
I did do a rescan if this is the thread you are referring to:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid547981

I didn't seem to have any failures in the first week+ running on Linux, from what I see in the knewc "Recordings-What's New" the first failure I see was on 11/4.
That is the first one, I think but I noticed it was still bad in follow up logs.

Martin
I have adapter0 at the top of my list in Settings-Devices (first of 4 tuners). IIRC, in v4 the order the tuners were listed in was the order of preference NextPVR used them. So assuming that's the same in v5 (and Linux) and with the adapter0 .conf file missing, shouldn't most of my recordings have been failing?
I can certainly rescan. I will have to do that tomorrow though, the wife has recordings scheduled until past my bedtime. Guess we'll see if any more fail since I copied the .conf file.
I did a rescan on all 4 tuner last Saturday.  I didn't have any failed recordings between then earlier today, but had one 12:02pm today (Tuesday), with the same error "Recording service not running at recording time".  Nobody was home today, so there was no client use.  A recording scheduled for 1pm worked fine.

I included my log files, but the oldest backup file nrecord.log.3 only goes back to 2:14pm (~5 hours), so probably won't be a lot of help. 

Is there a setting somewhere to keep more log files?
Pages: 1 2 3