NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PIN being ignored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I decided to change my PIN yesterday.  Much to my surprise, connecting to my server with the iOS app still worked, without updating the PIN on the iOS side.  I wasn't sure if maybe this had to do with being on my home WiFi, but today I was at my parent's house and did some more testing while I was there.  I did a hard close of the iOS app, then restarted the app and deleted the existing host entry.  I did another hard close of the app, then started it again and made a new host entry - but supplying the *old* PIN.  Access to my NextPVR server still worked.  Then I repeated the steps just mentioned.  This time, I entered "abcd" for the PIN (obviously, that is not my actual PIN).  Access to my server still worked.  So it seems like the NextPVR server is not checking the PIN at all.

And I *am* sure that the new PIN entry worked, because I was no longer to use Kodi to connect to my server until I updated to the new PIN.  Starting Kodi with the old PIN gave me some error message about not being able to connect or start the plugin, which seemed like reasonable behavior.  Anyway, for some reason, it looks like the PIN check is being bypassed entirely for the iOS app.  So it looks like my server is wide open to anyone who connects to the correct port on my router.  The server I'm running is version 5.0.9.201026 on Docker (64 bit).

Doug
Are you connecting through a proxy? That could mean your NextPVR server does not know it is on the internet.

Martin
There's no proxy involved.

Odd though that Kodi required me to update the PIN, and is running on the same local WiFi as my NextPVR server, but the iOS apps running remotely did not show the same behavior.

Doug
Thinking about it I am not sure how Docker can tell it it's one the Internet. If you are setting a local LAN on your in bound IP there must be a proxy.

Martin
If you can supply the logs, and the time it happened, I'll tell you why.
Log file is attached.  The testing today (11-26) started at 13:37:52.  You'll see attempts to connect from a couple of different addresses (both resolve to the same IP, just using different free DNS services).

I also did some testing yesterday (11-25) starting around 15:59:02.  However, I was at home at the time, so the best I could do was to disable WiFi on my phone and hope that was enough to test connecting remotely.  But for today's tests, I was away from home.

Thanks,
Doug
You forgot to attach the logs, or the log files were over 2MB.
It was over 2 MB.  So I truncated it so you'll just have today's portion.  If that's not sufficient, please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug
I still don't see those logs. Was it zipped? It needs to be.
Alternatively put it somewhere like onedrive/dropbox etc and let me know the url.
Pages: 1 2