NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Latest TvOS NextPvr app won't connect manually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since the last TvOS NextPvr app update a few days ago I can no longer manually connect to the v5 server (latest version) on a different subnet. I can't say for certain if it's version 3.1 or 3.2, since it won't launch, but presume based on your notices and the timing of the update it's v3.2.  I can still connect to the server via browser and the iOS app. Both the TvOS and iOS clients are on the same subnet separate the server.

Has the latest TvOS app been tested for proper manual connect functionality?
Thanks.
Did you change the PIN to connect on a "foreign" server?

Martin
To be certain I have already reset the pin and rebooted all devices. In the TvOS app I enter IP 192.168.2.100:8866 and enter the pin I re-entered via the browser GUI then restart the server again just to be sure it takes it. It's MD5 encryped in the config file so I can't validate. Upon app launch it goes back to searching like it never tries to manually connect. I have to power cycle the TvOS to resume control of the AppleTv. It behaves as it did before manual connect was implemented a few versions ago.
Your zipped NextPVR logs would help.

Martin
I should emphasize, I can add a 2nd server (same IPTongueort + Pin) to the iOS app and it connects fine with said pin. Do it with the TvOS app and no go. Both the iOS and TvOS clients are on the same subnet on the same WiFi AP. No other changes to the server or network have been made since the problem began.
And I will emphasize that logs are always important.

Martin
Touchet. I only move so fast, age. ;-) Log file here.
Your iPhone should be failing too. Try changing your PIN to 12345678 it should show as 25d55ad283aa400af464c76d713c07ad

Martin
Thanks Martin. I changed the PIN to 12345678 and the config.xml shows as 25d55ad283aa400af464c76d713c07ad. The number changed from what it was using the prior pin. However, despite the pin change my iOS app still connects with the old pin or any pin for that matter. TvOS app still won't connect.
Could you send the new logs with 12345678

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5