NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Mvp Software (remote con)Faster than GBPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is the media mvp software remote responses so much faster than gbpvr? Sub, can this be improved..
The Hauppauge MVP software renders pretty simple screens which require quite a bit less CPU power.

GB-PVR's screens are much more complex and use advanced features like anti-aliasing etc (and few resize transformations). Also, the GDI+ library GB-PVR uses for doing all its graphics is well known for being slower than the native windows API. That said, on a fast machine there is very little difference in response time, between GB-PVR and the original software. What spec CPU have you got in you PC?

Also, use the 'minimal OSD' option to ensure things stay responsive when viewing video.
Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79GHZ 2.00 GB of Ram

Don't worry sub I love Gbpvr, it is not a matter of complaining, don't want to give you a wrong impression, just curious. Its plenty fast enough, I guess I was wonder why? I guess now I have an answer. Thanks Sub. I guess curiosty killed the cat.