NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple recording directories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sub said

Quote:It does have a concept of multiple recording paths, though the UI for configuring this isn't in v5 yet, so you need configure extra paths in config file. With multiple paths configured, you get the option where to record to while scheduling recordings. You can also configure it to spread recordings among the different directories.

My question is, can config.xml be used to configure more that 2 recording directories?  I succeeded in setting up 2 recording directories. I tried a second line of <ExtraRecordingDirectories> for a 3rd directory but it failed to work.
Code:
<RecordingDirectory>//RecordedTV/</RecordingDirectory>
 <ExtraRecordingDirectories>/TV/RecordedTV/</ExtraRecordingDirectories>
That is the wrong format. It actually looks like this:

<ExtraRecordingDirectories>Secondary~D:\Secondary~Kids~E:\Kids~</ExtraRecordingDirectories>

This adds two directories.

The next release lets you configure extra directories in the web ui.
Thanks that works perfectly.
(2020-12-12, 11:17 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]The next release lets you configure extra directories in the web ui.

The December releases 
5.1.0.201214 https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=61998
and
5.1.0.201216 https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=62008

included the New in release:
Added the ability to add/remove extra recording directories in the web app (fairly basic UI at this stage, and will be improved further in later releases)

How do you access this functionality, I've checked every screen in the browser GUI including all settings tabs/web pages including Cntrl-Alt to display advanced option buttons, or is this only built into the Windows version for these releases?
No issues with a linux backend here. Settings->General perhaps you need a Ctrl-F5

Martin
(2020-12-23, 07:35 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]No issues with a linux backend here. Settings->General perhaps you need a Ctrl-F5

Martin

Thanks, Ctrl-F5 on that page worked to display the new directory handling controls.

Looked up what Ctrl-F5 does and it forces reloading of underlying CSS custom style sheets - never heard of this browser functionality before over years/decades, though F5 reloaded everything. Thanks for the quick info!