NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Truncated recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been having what I thought was an intermittent issue with truncated recordings for some while now, As of yesterday I know it's
not intermittent, I can replicate at will. Scenario is 3 programmes recording all on the same adapter. Programmes 1 and 2 finish at
the same time, programme 3 should continue but data from the adapter ceases when the first two are stopped. Adapter status is
still shown as active for programme 3. In order to eliminate the adapter (TBS 6205) I swapped it for a Hauppuage dual usb HD
dongle, the result was the same. I also re-created the problem on a laptop with Linux 19.3 with kernel 5.7. The attached logs show
clearly the data stopping, but it's not possible to see whether this happens for the first handle being stopped or the second. I attach
the logs including the .xml files to show the timings. I'ld appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j5n1aaxdqbdzu...s.zip?dl=0

Regards Martin
Sub, although I have asked you a few time to get rid of that debug logging in the device host, in this 200MB+ download you can see the data does stop.

Martin
I've removed that EPG debug logging for the next build, so that the files aren't full of all this noise.
Any further thoughts on this ? Can I supply any more information?
Regards Martin
I've just taken another look through, but unfortunately it's not clear to me what the cause is.

How often are you seeing this problem happen?
Sorry error in previous post

Every time I set to record 3 channels with two finishing at the same time as each other the third progamme
finishing later will stop when the other two do.
programme A start-------------------stop
Programme B start-------------------stop
programme C start-------------------stopxxxxxxxxxx should record including to end of x, stops with A and B

I haven't tried with four channels will try.
All these programmes are on the SAME adapter
I just had a go at reproducing this. Recordings A+B have just stopped, but I can see the Recording C file is still getting bigger, so it seems to have worked correctly here.
Can your restart NextPVR on the server, then have another go at reproducing this and post the logs again.
have done,reproduced problem again. Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykyctsolcgqgq6...s.zip?dl=0
You did not follow instructions. As mentioned, I want you to restart the NextPVR before reproducing the problem, so that the logs are reset, and I don't have to deal with a massive log file that includes an EPG update.
Pages: 1 2