NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Fresh Install - no playback OSD in Kodi/knewc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just reinstalled NextPVR v5.1.0.201216 on Ubuntu v20.04 LTS.  Thankfully I was pretty good about documenting what I did the first time on Mint v19.3, much of it was applicable.

So I have everything working (that I've tested so far), EXCEPT the OSD that shows playback status in the client.  I would have guessed it was a Kodi/knewc issue, but it's not just the local client on the server that has the problem, it's all of my ODroids and RPi4 too, on which nothing has changed.

I went through config.xml but couldn't find any settings.  I had copied config.xml from my Mint v5.1.0.201216 install anyway, and the OSD was working there.

I feel like this is something simple I missed, but after battling it for the last hour thought I'd see if anyone knows what I missed off the top of their heads.

Logs attached, at 16:50 I started playback of "88th Annual Christmas in Rockefeller Center", and once playback started I tried the Blue Button and some skips, none of which popped up the OSD.

Thanks,
-Brad
There is an odd file permission error what do you see with

ls -lt /opt/nextpvr/system/wwwroot/placeholder-landscape.jpg

Martin
$ ls -lt /opt/nextpvr/system/wwwroot/placeholder-landscape.jpg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 276082 Dec 29 2019 /opt/nextpvr/system/wwwroot/placeholder-landscape.jpg
Somethings wrong with the setup then I can't explain why NextPVR is complaining unless it is opening it for write. I'd run the deb install again.

I do see other errors in the logs for tuner 2 that look scan or merge related.

16:30:01:954 [ERROR] Failed to get tuning params for (TBD) from /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter1-ATSC-channels.conf

14:43:42:344 [ERROR] Failed to get tuning params for (TPT 2) from /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter1-ATSC-channels.conf

Martin
Thanks Martin, I'll try doing the deb install again.

I can do a scan on adapter-1, I did the scan on adapter-0 and did the "copy" from adapte-0 the web UI prompt when I clicked on Devices adapter-1
I stopped the nextpvr service and repeated the deb install, then rescanned channels on adapter-1.

I repeated the test with the same "88th..." file at 18:54.

Does this mean anything?
2020-12-30 18:54:57.233 [DEBUG][50] skin file? /opt/nextpvr/system/data/skin/Default/Popups/MessageBox.xml
2020-12-30 18:54:57.250 [DEBUG][50] Element not found: /Skin/Element[@name="PopupCenterButtonNormal"]
2020-12-30 18:54:57.250 [DEBUG][50] Element not found: /Skin/Element[@name="PopupCenterButtonSelected"]
2020-12-30 18:54:57.251 [DEBUG][50] Element not found: /Skin/Element[@name="PopupCenterButtonNormal"]
2020-12-30 18:54:57.251 [DEBUG][50] Element not found: /Skin/Element[@name="PopupCenterButtonSelected"]
2020-12-30 18:54:57.251 [DEBUG][50] ActivatePopup: Popup

Full logs attached.
I assume it's related, but in recording playback entering a number of minutes to SKIP, the entry doesn't appear on the screen, but the requested skip does work.
Are you still having the problem with no OSD? Your last logs weren't very good because you were doing an EPG scan during play and you forgot the Kodi debug logs so I was waiting for cleaner logs.

Martin
Yes, but not using Ubuntu right now. It seemed better the first couple days, but may have been from reduced use. Then we started having the same issues - Kodi crashing, NextPVR server crashing, knewc video stopping but audio continuing. I booted back to Mint because while we have the same issues, the OSD works there. I have some logs but got side tracked from posting as our house and car decided I needed more projects this weekend. :-\
It doesn't sound like you installed sub's update.zip properly.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4