NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Windows Active Directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy Guys,
Without much thought I ran dcpromo last night and moved my server to become master of my new domain. I had not given the MVP and GBPVR a thought when I did this otherwise I would have done my homework first. oops. I am feeling quite brain dead and I can't think of what I need to do to allow the MVP to start working again.

Anyone have any suggestions? This is on a Windows 2003 Server box. Thanks for your help, time, and consideration on this. Smile Have a great day and take care

Paul Drew - SolarCurve
Hmmm, my media server is the "master of my domain" and I don't have any problems at all.

Also, what's "dcpromo"?
No problems at all really? I wonder if I should just reinstall it or something. I upgraded to Domain Controller last night and now neither of my MVP's can connect to the server. Sad

dcpromo is the command line call for the Domain Controller Promotion Wizard. It's how you upgrade to and downgrade from a Domain Controller.
SolarCurve

I'm not familiar with the structure of the MVP but can you not simply add them as computers in the domain?
that requires name and authentication to the domain at the point. I would think so anyways, I might look at my dhcp tables and see what comes up. I have a wireless gateway device on one of my MVP's that's on the plasma so I might have to check that as well. Thanks for everyone's input. Smile Keep the suggestions coming.
Really -- no problems at all. In my setup, I have my 2k3 media server acting as the domain controller with 2 workstations (one on the domain -- one not) connected to the network as well. Those 3 computers plus the MVP are connected to my 4 port cable/dsl router.

The MVP gets its IP address directly from the router as do the workstations. The domain controller has a static IP address.

EDIT: By the way, I'm a Windows Server Newb, so if I can do it, anyone can Wink
ok then..... hmmm I might just need a good nights sleep, I have been burning the midnight oil for far too many days in a row now. Thanks for your help. That's a pretty similar setup to mine. I might just do a few install with the newest version of gbpvr and see how that treats me. Smile
I opened the config application, changed a video directory for a new drive I added and then saved it again. Boom all my MVP's could connect again. So strange, but its working and I dont' care. Smile I had rebooted several times and it wasn't working untill it rewrote the config I guess. Thanks for your help Spartan. Smile