NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Where is Config.xml on Mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have forgotten my password for NextPvr and everywhere I look it says to edit the config.xml file.  But I can't find it anywhere on my Mac.  In the NPVR folder there is a config file but it specifically says do not edit.  How can I get my password back to "password" on a mac?
I will be in .NPVR-data where you installed it, it could be a hidden "dot" folder. The one not to edit is with the program files.

Martin
(2021-01-31, 02:58 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I will be in .NPVR-data  where you installed it, it could be a hidden "dot" folder.  The one not to edit is with the program files.

Martin

Thank you Martin!  I unhid all my folders and files and found the config.xml file.  However, it showed "admin" and then about a 16 character password starting with 5f4d.... I tried using that password and it still won't let me log in.  Anything else you think I might need to do?  I couldn't find instructions for completely deleting the app and starting over on a mac.  Thanks again!
Sounds right unless you are running a VPN or your IP is a public IP. That password only works on a local LAN.

If you are sure it is a local IP, manually zip up the nrecord.log from that data/logs folder and post them here.

Martin
(2021-01-31, 02:58 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I will be in .NPVR-data  where you installed it, it could be a hidden "dot" folder.  The one not to edit is with the program files.

Martin

Thank you Martin!  I unhid all my folders and files and found the config.xml file.  However, it showed "admin" and then about a 16 character password starting with 5f4d.... I tried using that password and it still won't let me log in.  Anything else you think I might need to do?  I couldn't find instructions for completely deleting the app and starting over on a mac.  Thanks again!
Déja vu?

Martin
(2021-01-31, 02:43 PM)ahatheway Wrote: [ -> ]How can I get my password back to "password" on a mac?
You can edit that config.xml to set:

<Password>5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99</Password>

This will set the password back to "password"