NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Locast-extra: I was so close.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I followed the instructions here, https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...&pid=55084, including installing Python from the wiki. Great resource.

After the first install, I had 54 Los Angeles stations listed in channels, and 2 devices shown (extra-locast.xml & extra-locast-trial.xml). But there was no guide data shown even though locast-xmltv.xml in NPVR-data showed TV listings. Streaming failed error came up when I tried to view a channel.

I remembered that I hadn't yet donated to locast due to a message in the cmd window, so I did so and tried again the next day. I ran python locast.py install a 2nd time after deleting the locast folder, the xmltv file and I don't remember what else. This time everything worked to completion including guide information and the ability to view live TV from the guide or from channels. Except I was identified in the wrong market in a different time zone; not what I wanted.

So I tried a third install, and I'm back to the LA market with no guide data and no streaming, 54 channels showing in devices as unavailable. I noticed when running the locast.py.install that the each line stated already present or something similar; seems it didn't do anything over from the first install.

Don't know what to try next. Logs attached.
You don't need to donate but you do need to register and pick you home market.

To change markets you woud need to remove all the channels from the Extra Device in NextPVR using the trash can icon on the top left before running the install. I suggest doing that and running the install again.

For the difference do you run a VPN or proxy? If not when you go to locast.org does it always show LA properly?

Also do you get any messages when you run the install? The install will use your save credentials so just hit enter to accept them if they are correct.

Finally it seems like you might be experimenting since I see some "Phoenix" listings that won't be coming from the addon. Try to do a clean install first.

Martin
Should I delete the scripts/locast folder before running python locast.py install ? What about locast-xmltv.xml in the NPVR-data folder?

Extra devices are still present but unavailable since deleting all the extras channels.

I don't run a VPN, and I've only seen LA at locast.org. It seems the IP address at that moment assigned by my ISP led locast to Phoenix. Regarding the Phoenix listings, they did come from the addon; I renamed the xml files to Phoenix... before trying the last install because that installation actually worked, and I thought the files might be useful for comparison.
Scripts should be ok. As long as the extra device is there and empty it should be ok

You should verify the locast.ini has the correct user name and password. If there is a value last_dma remove that line it since it could somehow have the code for Phoenix.

Martin
Progress! Extra channels are listed and they stream just great. But the guide doesn't populate even though the locast-xmltv.xml file in NPVR-data looks good. The problem seems to be that I can't map them. In settings/channels I selected them all and tried auto map from advanced and nothing happened. So I manually tried to map the first channel KCBSDT 2.1, by setting the source from the drop-down to xmltv extra-locast.xml. But when selecting the mapping field, the input box is blank, so there is nothing entered in mapping.
With the weird change of IP things may have got messed up.

Delete C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\extra-locast.xml if it exists and the run

python extra-locast.py xmltv

Then automap

They also may have changed something on the locast site since channel names look weird.

Martin
There was a a place to select sort method of the channels. It was by channel number, or by name. I chose number, and that's when the channel names got wierd. I can't remember where that was and I couldn't find it just now.

I have C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\locast-xmltv.xml NOT extra-locast-xmltv.xml. Maybe I just need to rename it? I haven't deleted it yet.
locast-xmltv.xml is correct,

There is another potential issue because NextPVR is not very good with auto-mapping multiple xmltv files if there are duplicates.

Martin
No change. Channels are there, they play but no guide. The deleted locast-xmltv.xml is back with a much larger file size.

Still can't map the channels either by auto map, or individually. One note on the auto map: the map strategy field set to numbers and identifiers vs. names is how the channel names got wierd before. I chose names this time, but nothing at all happened when I pressed the Auto Map button. (I waited 10 minutes.)

I don't know how to copy from the Cmd prompt window, so I'm typing what it reported. (Not every line.)
C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\locast>python locast.py xmltv
Generating 803 XMLTV file for C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\locast-xmltv.xml
Response [200]>
(This last line was repeated 7 times.)
7 times for seven days. The install only does one day. That seems to be ok.

I guess until sub allows improved automapping with multiple xmltv files you will need to map each one manually. When you map individually are you saying you don't get a drop down list from locast-xml.xml?

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3