NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi 4 in USA with OTA ATSC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all, I am a long-time user of NextPVR on Windows. My Windows laptop is pretty old though, and I thought it might be nice to run my NextPVR server on my Rasperry Pi 4.

My tuner is a Hauppauge WinTV dualHD (although it shows up in NextPVR as LG Electronics LGDT3306A).

Unfortunately NextPVR's "Scan Channels" feature does not work.

Is there anyone in out there in the USA who has successfully been able to scan for ATSC channels on the Raspberry Pi? If so, how did you do it?
You will need this patch https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid552206 and then if problems continue upload your logs.  You won't be able to watch HD channels in the browser for those you will need a direct play client.

Martin
Thank you for the speedy reply! I should have mentioned that I am running the official Raspberry Pi OS which is unfortunately 32-bit (not 64-bit). By any chance is there an arm32 patch available?
You still are missing the logs. A 32 bit patch wasn't needed.

Martin
Perhaps I am installing the patch incorrectly.

I copied the "DeviceHostLinux" file into the "/opt/nextpvr/system/DeviceHost/arm32/" folder. Now the "Scan Channels" feature does nothing.

Please let me know which log/logs you might like to see and I will gladly send it/them along.
Of course not the 64 bit patch is not for 32 bit users.

And sorry but I am getting frustrated pointing users to the wiki countless times a day. You should be able to find them yourself.

Martin
Thanks anyway for trying. Is there someone else out there who might be willing to help me with this?
I will help you once you post the logs.

Martin
Yeah, we'll need to see the logs.
Could you please be more specific about what is meant by "post the logs"? Is there a certain log file that you would like for me to post?
Pages: 1 2 3