NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Guide update frequency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote "(2021-02-27, 02:09 PM)mvallevand Wrote: Wrote:Pluto TV will be better after sub's next server update.  There will be a way of updating the guide more frequently and it has been working very well for me in testing.

Martin

Martin, you are baiting us with the testing of the next update, lol.   I know this is really for sub, but any idea when this next release of npvr might actually be released?" ENDQUOTE

Martin/Sub,

Is this feature included in most recent release?  I don't seem to be able to find it?
I was just writing this up, you must have read my mind, I needed to make all those Roku posts first.

Let me know how it goes.

Martin
ah ha!, if only I were patient a few more minutes - I will give it a try - thanks!
Martin,

With this new command, do I still need the following command in my "UpdateEPG.bat" file or should I remove it?

python C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\plutotv\pluto.py xmltv

2L
Your choice, if you don't it will load the XMLTV file from the last update. There is protections against running multiple waits for the next run after PostLoadEPG is run.

Martin
So are you saying that if I don't re-execute "python C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\plutotv\pluto.py xmltv" prior to the refresh interval xxx defined by "python C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\plutotv\pluto.py xmltv-update xxx" , the old xmltv data will be used to update the EPG?

Does it require two commands - (1)fetch new data first in UpdateEPG, then (2)populate the EPG with new command in PosLoadEPG -- or --does the new command perform both the new data fetch and populate the EPG at the specified interval?

You probably can tell that I am a bit confused.
The xmltv parameter simply gets the xmltv file, the xmltv-update parameter gets the xmltv file and asks for NextPVR to do update.. I am saying if you don't want to run the xmltv option in UpdateEPG.bat anymore NextPVR will use the existing xmltv file however it was created. The running process for xmltv-update will startl run based on time independently.

I'd offer if you do your update in the middle of the night then it is pointless using the xmltv option unless you have some advanced recording rules that match shows that will disappear from the guide 4 or 5 hours later.

Martin
Martin,

Thanks for your patience. Your explanation is what I thought at the beginning. The reason for my questions is that the process you define doesn't seem to be working for me and I wanted to be sure that I was following the correct protocol. I need to re-trace my steps and do some tinkering. I'll let you know how I make out.
From a command prompt if you run this

start "" python C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\plutotv\pluto.py xmltv-update

Does it work and do an immediate update in a second command prompt?

If so does wait 1 minute and proceed work?

start "" python C:\Users\Public\NPVR-data\scripts\plutotv\pluto.py xmltv-update 1

Martin
Yes and yes. I think I know how I messed up, I will update later.
Pages: 1 2