NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Pluto TV EPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble making the new pluto tv update work.

The update does not run at 8am as it is supposed to.
There is no update.lock file in the plutotv directory (/opt/var/nextpvr/scripts/plutotv)
The pluto-xmltv.xml file is time stamped from the morning update at 02:45.

Running PostLoadEPD.sh from the terminal window results in an update.lock file being added and three hours later having the EPG refreshed with the pluto-xmltv.xml file appropriately time stamped. But there is no corresponding update.lock file generated.

Using NextPVR to update the EPG will report that the PostLoadEPG.sh file is running, but it does not generate the update.lock file and there is no update after the 3 hours.

Logs attached. I think the terminal update (after 3 hours) took place at 1:17 pm.

Bob
You forgot to post in the Extra forum. Are you using sudo or running from your account to test things? If so that is not going to work and there are several permission error creating the file in the log.

I did find something where an update occurred when it shouldn't but I suspect you ran xmltv-update with no parameters

Also it is not clear why you ran the manual full update at 15:37, the one at 13:18 seemed fine and the timed one did occur at 16:18

Martin
(moved to Extras forum)
Permissions!! Old Windows users need a permissions refresher every time they look at a Linux screen.

When I unzipped the plutotv.zip file, I must have used sudo. The resulting plutotv directory was owned by root. Updates started working as advertised after I changed ownership of the directory to nextpvr.

I had the previous plutotv directory being owned by root, and it worked I guess because NextPVR didn't write anything to it. I don't profess to understand it, but it has been working for 24 hours now.

Thank you!
Bob
Ok thanks for the explanation, I understand what is happening now, yes my folder is is owned by nextpvr

I will make a note on the instructions.

Martin