NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Roku channel expiry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I released the Roku channel I forgot to mention that this was created primarily for users who donate or otherwise support sub, the author of NextPVR with this excellent product.  I feel that with users now paying for other PVR related services, IPTV, EPG, Plex, Emby, streaming devices etc, NextPVR may very well the most important thing they need but donations gets forgotten or put off for later.  Sub offers NextPVR at no cost, but donations are welcome and there are fixed costs he must cover. 

Users who donate or feel they contribute to NextPVR can contact sub via PM and you will be provided with a personal code which goes into config.xml and replaces the "none" in the <License>none</License> are.  I didn't set any direction on how sub provides this code, it is just my way of saying thanks to sub.  The process right now is to PM sub with the email address you used for Paypal, follow up with sub via PM.

I do not consider this a "trial" since whether or not you use the Roku app, you should still be donating to show your support to sub.  

For users who choose not to PM sub for a code you can also uninstall the channel and reinstall the channel when it expires exactly 7 days after installation.  You can do this earlier if you like to avoid surprises. 

The donation link is available here http://www.nextpvr.com/donate.html 

Link to PM sub https://forums.nextpvr.com/private.php?a...send&uid=2

Martin
Should this work initially, or do you need the code right away? All I can get upon install is the settings screen.
(2021-04-15, 01:52 AM)roy Wrote: [ -> ]Should this work initially, or do you need the code right away? All I can get upon install is the settings screen.

It should work for 7 days after you first install the channel. I believe that if you are getting the settings screen, then the Roku channel client can't find your NextPVR server. Is it on a different subnet or something? Are you able to manually enter the IP address of your NextPVR server?
As Brett posted it should work for 7 days. If you have both v4 and v5 installed you would either need to use a manual install, or possibly shut down v4 and reload to save the V5 configuration (never tested)

Failing that open a separate support post with zipped logs. It may not be a supported device.

Martin
Thanks Sub and mvallevand, just donated.
Will this work with V4?
It could but I have no intention of supporting the V4 XML API. I did like seeing the real V4 Slide Out skin and screensaver in my initial testing, other than that V5 has a superior UI Client API which won't be ported back.

And please open new threads for new topics, it helps others.

Martin
Hi all,

How do I install the channel - when I serach for NextPVR on my Roku device, no search results are found. Located in Canada.

Regards

Rob
You can't find it by searching. In the announcement https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid554949 there is a link to click which enables it in your Roku account.

Martin
I'm all for supporting this project, but is there a way to extend the 7 days? I'm a new NextPVR user, and have been struggling with hardware problems that will eat into this timeframe.
Pages: 1 2