NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Getting a mp4 stream from NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI,

Newb..

Installed and enjoying NextPVR using a USB DTV dongle and HDhomeRun.
Works very well and very impressed..

Now to the questions....[Image: tongue.png]

I see that you transcode for the web client. Works great.  I presume that is H264?

And I can get a native stream in my VLC player using stuff like http://e4182s01egc-tv-3:8866/live?channel_id=7174.

But the native stream is in the same codec as transmitted.. Either  MP4 and MPEG-2 depending
on the channel. 

What I would really like is to be able to get a transcoded stream from NextPVR.  i.e. a MP4 stream.

And I would be delirious if I could get a rtsp stream to input to an antmedia server.   Antmedia likes H264
input...

Currently I am using ffmpeg to transcode and forward. But yours is much more robust..

I am in a school.. one to many ... and the Olympics are coming..  Plus the tech is sexy..

TIA
Peter
MP4 streaming is not possible with Live TV which is why HLS is used for the browser, however sub is considering MP4 as post processing as an post processing option for recordings. Until then you can post process them yourself.

You can use other clients instead of VLC, like the Android client to get transcoded streams for the server. The Roku client and Kodi on all platforms allows transcoded live TV.

As note for forwarding, NextPVR is for personal use only.

Martin