NextPVR Forums

Full Version: File based M3U and EPG (XML)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, 

I am generating M3U and a EPG (XML) files.  When I attempt to setup an IPTV Device in Devices, it goes through the process, but does not map the channels to the EPG.

If I manually Map in Channels, it will work when I reload the EPG.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Above is a link that contains both files.  What am I doing wrong that is preventing the automated mapping of the Channels to the EPG.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
It shouldn't load it is bad XML.

<category lang="en">Action & Adventure</category>

Also you have case difference on youir names tvg-id="watchfree-movie-binge" and <display-name>WatchFree Movie Binge</display-name> I don't think sub uses id.

Also consider my Pluto TV extra it does all of this for you plus it uses streamlink's ffmpeg which is better on the commercial breaks.

Martin
Interested in your "Pluto TV extra" where do I find it, I did not see that when I originally researched NextPVR and Pluto.  

I've updated the files based on your review, but same problem exists.  Update files are in the Google Drive.

Part of this is, I want this written in PowerShell, which I use on a daily basis for my day job and would feel most comfortable maintaining long term.

After the recording is complete in NextPVR, I am currently running the recording through ffmpeg to create an mp4.  I then transfer the mp4 file to my media server for viewing, I'm using Jellyfin and since that integration is problematic, I do this via file move.  I'm not familiar with StreamLink.

The box I'm running nextpvr on doesn't have good H/W decode/encode acceleration available through Mainline Linux, so I'm actually running the conversion to MP4 on a separate RaspBerry 3+, if it did have good H/W decode/encode, I wouldn't bother with the conversion.
The Pluto TV Extra instructions have become complicated because I had to lock the thread to stop off topic posts and I don't have admin rights to unlock it.

1. Start here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid550847

2. Use this for scheduling less obtrusive updates https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=62455 (only updates Pluto TV). My Jellyin EPG update utility could be added to trigger the EPG update int Emby

3. Get the current file here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=62552

It's not really worth more of my time figuring out your mapping issues, you sound like you have the know how. Sub might take a look too. I am actually surprised that NextPVR is able to record these directly now, certainly for Live TV I had many problems.

Martin
(2021-04-28, 03:18 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Also you have case difference on youir names tvg-id="watchfree-movie-binge" and <display-name>WatchFree Movie Binge</display-name>  I don't think sub uses id.
It's using id for the EPG mapping. The display name is just a human readable name, and can be anything.
Ok sorry I though auto map used the display name.

Martin
AdvancedTools->AutoMap is about the names, but it's sounds like he's just trying to import IPTV channels.
After more testing, here are the things I think are happening. I've updated the m3u and the xml file in Google Drive and they work if:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...0ThkbInDR_

I use them from a HTTP Server.
I had to remove the "-"'s in the tpg-id and Channel Id values to make the files work.
Also, I found that deleting IPTV Devices and deleting the EPG wasn't good enough when I tried to rebuild the IPTV Device, the old names with dashes somehow showed up. I had to stop/start the nextpvr-server to clear the cache.

If I try to build the IPTV device from files using the absolute path, for example: /hdd/nextpvr/share/iptv/pluto.m3u and /hdd/nextpvr/share/iptv/pluto.xml, then it doesn't work. The m3u is used correctly to create the channels, but the pluto.xml is not used and also does not show up in the guide page. I found that trying to use file:// in front of the absolute path also didn't work.

Some of these things may not be true, I was doing a lot of permutations and may have missed something.

So, net-net is that I have a workaround, since its easy to setup a local HTTP server on my box. Martin, I appreciated your code, it was well written, but I want to stay with my approach because it is more "decoupled" from nextpvr and I don't have to rely on the API. Sub, thank you for responding.
(2021-04-29, 12:44 AM)brozelle Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I found that deleting IPTV Devices and deleting the EPG wasn't good enough when I tried to rebuild the IPTV Device, the old names with dashes somehow showed up.  I had to stop/start the nextpvr-server to clear the cache.
It does cache some xmltv / scheduled direct channel list stuff, on the assumption that they're really weren't going to be changing often, and greatly speeds up the process of viewing a channels details (epg mapping etc). At least you've figured this out, so you can restart if you know you're tweaking stuff like this. Users wouldn't typically be changing the contents of their xmltv files like this.
(2021-04-29, 12:44 AM)brozelle Wrote: [ -> ]If I try to build the IPTV device from files using the absolute path, for example:  /hdd/nextpvr/share/iptv/pluto.m3u and /hdd/nextpvr/share/iptv/pluto.xml, then it doesn't work.  The m3u is used correctly to create the channels, but the pluto.xml is not used and also does not show up in the guide page.  I found that trying to use file:// in front of the absolute path also didn't work.
That should have worked. If you want to supply the NextPVR logs after an attempt to import, it should contain error messages that tell use what it doesn't like. (like permissions etc)
Pages: 1 2