NextPVR Forums

Full Version: "The response ended prematurely" repeatedly for single program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm having a weird problem with literally a single program.
I'm trying to record "Love Nature: Nature's Strangest Mysteries Solved" and no matter what the timeslot I more or less immediately get "The response ended prematurely".

I am able to record on other channels and on the same channel with no problems, including a similarly named show "Love Nature: How Do Animals Do That". I'm using the current version installed on Mint 20.1. I have tried purging and reloading the EPG, thinking it might have become corrupted but still the same

There's a similar thread here: https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=60343 but they are running it on a Raspberry Pi where I am running it on a bog-standard 64bit PC. Tv tuner is a Hauppauge PCI card recording dvb-t.

Any help appreciated, thanks Smile
It's much more than one program it is two tuners.

14:31:18:834 [ERROR] Failed to get tuning params for (TVNZ 1) from /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter1-DVB-T-channels.conf
15:29:00:250 [ERROR] Failed to get tuning params for (ChoiceTV) from /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter2-DVB-T-channels.conf

Do those files exist? If not I have found the copy doesn't work well when the prompt comes up

you might be able to try

Code:
sudo cp /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-DVB-T-channels.conf /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter1-DVB-T-channels.conf
sudo cp /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter0-DVB-T-channels.conf /var/opt/nextpvr/adapter2-DVB-T-channels.conf

If that fails delete adapter1 and adapter2 with the trashcan and rescan

That reminds me there still is recording spam from the DeviceHostLinux file, that I hope takes out. It lookk like there is more spam that needs to be looked at too.

Martin
FWIW, I had this same problem with a number of programs I was trying to record several months ago...July of last year, to be exact. If you search my postings you'll probably find it.

EDIT: Ooops...I see you already found that thread. Sorry, shoulda read closer. Anyway......

At the time, Martin  said I need 'to wait for sub to build a proper arm64 DeviceHostLinux...'.

I don't know if that ever happened because I stopped using Nextpvr but am now planning to start again...I'm loading it as we speak so I'll know soon.

Martin...do you know if that happened?

I'll be running the latest Nextpvr release on Ubuntu 20.04 server on a Raspberry Pi 4, same box & tuner as last year.

BTW, it seems to work fine on Window 10...I was (am) running it there for a test but would rather use the Pi as a dedicated server, assuming the issue is fixed.
zed, DeviceHostLinux has certainly been improved but I don't know anything about arm64 builds, right now sorry. I was using arm32 on the RPi testing LibreElec as a native host over the past couple of weeks and didn't have any difficulties.

Back to this problem, it not clear that NextPVR is configuring the device properly. Sub will have to weigh in, I don't know how this is getting mapped to 3 DVB-T tuners

Code:
<device>
    <name>adapter0/frontend0 (Conexant CX24123/CX24109)</name>
    <type>DVB-S</type>
    <filter>adapter0/frontend0</filter>
    <instance>1</instance>
    <resource>adapter0</resource>
  </device>
  <device>
    <name>adapter0/frontend1 (Conexant CX22702 DVB-T)</name>
    <type>DVB-T</type>
    <filter>adapter0/frontend1</filter>
    <instance>1</instance>
  </device>
  <device>
    <name>adapter0/frontend1 (Conexant CX22702 DVB-T)</name>
    <type>DVB-C</type>
    <filter>adapter0/frontend1</filter>
    <instance>1</instance>
  </device>
</devices>

Martin
(2021-05-01, 12:14 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]zed, DeviceHostLinux has certainly been improved but I don't know anything about arm64 builds, right now sorry.  I was using arm32 on the RPi testing LibreElec as a native host over the past couple of weeks and didn't have any difficulties.

Thanks, Martin.

I'll let you know how it works.

Apologies for hijacking this thread...I'll post new info to the old thread...
I don't have 3 tuners currently but I can see where it would get that from.

I have a single tuner PCI card (which also does/would do dvb-s and analog tv if it still existed) and have bought but do not have plugged in a USB 2x tuner dongle-thing. I installed NextPVR with the PCI tuner only and have tried using the USB one a couple of times, but hadn't been able to get it working properly and I only have the one antenna cable.

So this is happening currently with the PCI card only plugged in. Martin, with that in mind do you still suggest doing the things in your post?

Thanks
So if you only have dvb-s working try deleting all channels from the other devices.  You may have done an auto map and messed things up.

Martin
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Next episode is on tomorrow so fingers crossed
Unfortunately that didn't work. I went into Settings -> Devices and deleted the channels from the ghost tuners, updated the EPG, and restarted it. The same error happened.

It's on again this morning so I am trying disabling the ghost tuners to see if that makes any difference.
Could you send the logs again please?

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4