NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple missed recordings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't been watching much TV which I guess is a good thing. I went to watch 60 minutes and the news only to find nothing has recorded since 5/7.

I updated the epg data, restarted nextpvr, and rebooted the computer trying to get it to recognize scheduled recording for tonight.  Last thing I did was rescan one of the tuners (Hauppauge QuadHD) and while it was scanning I did a system upgrade. One or the other or perhaps both of those things resulted in the scheduled recordings turning red.

Attached are logs from 5/7 and 5/9. I created a script to create logs whenever I restart nextpvr.  I'm hoping to find out how to prevent future failures.

Craig
After you did the clean shutdown on the 7th I do see a restarts where NextPVR didn't detect the tuner on started which I suspect happened earlier.

2021-05-09 20:17:17.869 [ERROR][1] ERROR: Open frontend0 failed

I suspect the same thing happened when you restarted after the shutdown on the 7th but there are no logs going back that far.

Did you follow my suggestions here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=62462

Martin
Martin,

I'm embaressed to say I missed unchecking "scan devices at startup". I focused on timing issues and making sure the system was connecting to a time synchronization server and completely missed the setting. I unchecked it now.

Thanks and sorry I skipped the setting in the first place.

Craig