NextPVR Forums

Full Version: VOD setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Recently moved iptv providers and me new supplier has a VOD section. 

I've breifly read up on VOD setup in nextpvr but getting no where fast. 

Is the a guide to follow? Looked at the wiki and couldn't see anything relevant. 

Thank you. 

Matt
5.1.2 was supposed to be the build that introduced IPTV VOD support in NextPVR. Unfortunately I'd forgotten something that meant it was only enabled in debug builds, so it's not really enabled in the version you're using.

I'll do another release within the next week or so with this enabled.
Sorry I missed your reply.

Thank you. Looking forward to it.

Matt
Hi,

I am interested in setting up VOD in my NextPVR server.  I run NextPVR on Ubuntu 20.04 server.  I just updated my NextPVR server to the latest version 5.1.4. How can I configure VOD streams from my IPTV provider.

Thanks!
If you go into your IPTV device, and click the Update Channels, it'll update the VOD. You don't need to have clicked 'save' (which will save any changes to the actual channel list) - just letting it read the list from your IPTV provider is enough to update the VOD lists.
(2021-08-03, 10:18 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]If you go into your IPTV device, and click the Update Channels, it'll update the VOD. You don't need to have clicked 'save' (which will save any changes to the actual channel list) - just letting it read the list from your IPTV provider is enough to update the VOD lists.

Actually after the upgrade, I deleted all devices due to slowness of the webapp.  I've only added one IPTV device which points to the IPTV movies VOD.  However, I do not see any VOD menu option.  BTW, what's the max IPTV devices allowed?

Thanks!
That is the number of parallel streams your provider allows. I assume it totals Live TV, recordings and VOD. Some users forget about other clients they and need to reserve some.

Martin
(2021-08-05, 02:48 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]That is the number of parallel streams your provider allows.  I assume it totals  Live TV, recordings and VOD.  Some users forget about other clients they and need to reserve some.

Martin

My IPTV provider allows for six parallel streams, does that mean I can add upto six IPTV devices to NextPVR?
One device with six maximum makes more sense.

Martin
(2021-08-05, 03:04 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]One device with six maximum makes more sense.

Martin

I don't get it.  I have separate m3u link for each stream category, Live TV URL is different from Movies, TV Shows etc.  Each have their separate URL.  I've also noticed that when I logon to the webapp, the VOD menu option is avaialble, but once I click on it'll disapear from the menu and there's nothing on the VOD page.  Please see attached screenshot.  My NextPVR server is behind apache web server and I was able to setup a virtual host with Let'sEncrypt SSL certificate so I can access it from outside my home network.  Do you think it could be the cause of my issues?

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2