NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Locast - Guide Correct but wrong channel tuned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi!

I installed the locast addon and thanks to the great instructions I got it installed.  Everthing was working great.  However I just discovered a problem.  I'm using Locast 807 San Francisco.   When I tune channel 9.1 I get the same stream as on 9.2.   When I use the locast app on my Roku I get the correct channel. Here's the section of locast-xmltv.xml:

<channel id="24344.locast.org">
    <display-name>PBS</display-name>
    <display-name>9.1 PBS</display-name>
    <display-name>KQEDDT</display-name>
    <icon src="https://static.locastnet.org/logo/807/1613398119723_PBS.png"/>
  </channel>
  <channel id="30507.locast.org">
    <display-name>9.2 PBS</display-name>
    <display-name>KQEDDT2</display-name>
    <icon src="https://static.locastnet.org/logo/SFO/KQEDDT2.png"/>
  </channel>

I'm going to go through and compare all the other channels.

Thanks
Keith
Zip up the the extra xml file and I will have a look

Martin
Here it is.  Thanks for your help!

Keith
Sorry that is the xmltv file, I need the extra file, extra-locast.xml

Martin
Sorry! Here's that one!

Keith
Looks like I did something wrong.
They have different identifiers, so they should be different, could I see the NextPVR logs too? I should have asked for these in the first place.

Martin
Here you go! Thanks again for your help!

Keith
How did you merge them and how did you you map them to Schedules Direct? I am very suspicious about the one channel that shows with the same name PBS in the locast guide (and on zap2it.com).

I think you may need to unmap 9.1 and manually map the guide data to KQEDDT and also map 9.2 to KQEDDT2 but the merge might still be an issue since I don't know why NextPVR doesn't show KQEDDT2. I might need to see your database via a link to OneDrive, GoogleDrive etc.

Code:
<channel id="24344.locast.org">
    <display-name>9.1 PBS</display-name>
    <display-name>KQEDDT</display-name>
    <icon src="https://static.locastnet.org/logo/807/1613398119723_PBS.png"/>
  </channel>
  <channel id="30507.locast.org">
    <display-name>9.2 PBS</display-name>
    <display-name>KQEDDT2</display-name>
    <icon src="https://static.locastnet.org/logo/SFO/KQEDDT2.png"/>
  </channel>

Martin
I've got it fixed.

I tried what you suggested and it didn't make any difference.  However it did remind of how I think I create this situation.  When I oigrinally installed  the extra i just had 1 tuner.  I was pretty sure that all the channels were working correctly then.  Sometime later I added a second tuner.  I was in too much of a hurry and didn't check things enough.  Sometime later I noticed that I was missing KQEDDT2.  So I just scanned again and it found the channel and manually set it up the mapping.  So this morning I decided to delete all the channels and start over.  Here's what happened:
1. After scanning scanning i went into channels and everything looked ok except Both KQEDDT and DT1 showed PBS as name.  (see: 1 Before Merge or Map.jpg)
2. I then did an auto merge and the DT2 channels disappeared. Probably merged into DT (see: 2 After Merge .jpg) 
3. I went ahead and did the automap and noticed that the name field changed to KQEDDT (see: 3 After Merge Then Map.jpg)
4. I then umerged to see if DT2 would show up. It didn't. (see: 4 After UnMerge - Channels Gone.jpg)
5. I decided that the merge was being done on the name field alone and I needed to map then merge.
6. I the deleted the channels and rescanned.  After mapping KQEDDT and DT2 both showed in the name fields rather than PBS. (see: 5 After Map Before Merge.jpg)
7. After merging everything looks good. (see: 6 After Map Then Merge.jpg)

It seems like the merge shouild be done on the combination of number and name.  But maybe that would create some other problem.

Thanks for all your help.
Pages: 1 2