NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot watch recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently recording NHRA drag racing that started at 2:00 here. While NextPVR was recording I decided to watch the recording delayed. It had been recording for and hour or so. When I selected the recording an error from Kodi said "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message." Was going to try the web client but the recording wasn't listed. Usually it says that it's recording it in the recent recordings list but it wasn't there. Also tried NextPVR Roku app but it wasn't listed there either. I could see the recording in the recordings folder and I could play it in VLC.

Any ideas?
You are getting the dreaded database lock error from art download. There is a pretty critical NShared.dll you need to get around it but you may need to disable SD art too.

Sub may need to look at the logs to, it is possible the SD art downloader is not following the 303.

Martin
(2021-08-22, 08:49 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]You are getting the dreaded database lock error from art download. There is a pretty critical NShared.dll you need to get around it but you may need to disable SD art too.

Sub may need to look at the logs to, it is possible the SD art downloader is not following the 303.

Martin

Ok. I searched the forums and I found a new Nshared.dll here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid559089 I assume this is the one.

When the recording finishes I'll try it and also uncheck SD art if needed.

I can watch the recording from the Kodi video files menu for now as a workaround.
When the recording finishes the database should get updated to recorded status. The dll won't be could enough if NextPVR doesn't follow the 303.

Martin
(2021-08-22, 08:49 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]You are getting the dreaded database lock error from art download. There is a pretty critical NShared.dll you need to get around it but you may need to disable SD art too.

Martin

Just an update to this issue. Unchecking the SD art setting seems to prevent the database lock error. Haven't had any issues for 3 days now.