NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No Freesat EPG on new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

Just trying out Next PVR for the first time. I am running it on my Ubuntu based server but using Sat-IP. I installed using the deb but have also tried docker.

I can scan channels (on 28.2E) and get the expected hundreds of channels, but the EPG never populates. I went into the channels screen and used the auto map to set them all to Freesat UK (I know they're not all Freesat) but still nothing was picked up. I have given it hours to do the scanning.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Sim
I don't know how sub gets the freesat guide on SAT>IP but it would help if you turned on verbose logging (Settings General, hold the Ctrl key) and did a scan and then attach the zipped logs you get from that screen.

Martin
(2021-09-03, 10:31 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how sub gets the freesat guide on SAT>IP but it would help if you turned on verbose logging (Settings General, hold the Ctrl key) and did a scan and then attach the zipped logs you get from that screen.

Martin

Hi,

Ok did that, the log zip is attached. The message from the Update EPG was that 0 records were done. I'm not familiar with NextPVR but is a Freesat entry supposed to show up under EPG Sources? I don't have one, though I could set it on the channels.

I have no problem doing a clean install with, perhaps, less logs if that helps.

Thanks,
Sim
Thanks. Sub will need to take a look. there certainly are errors in there but nothing I can help with.

Martin
Unfortunately, I think at this stage the Freesat EPG option wont work with SAT>IP, for no reason other than I entirely forgot about Freesat when I implemented the EPG parser used by SAT>IP devices, and nobody has asked about it up until now. Freesat EPG is pretty much just the DVB EPG, but will use a specific frequency for the data (which is happening in v5), and use a slightly different method to load compressed strings out of the stream (which isn't happening in v5 with SAT>IP).

If you could use the evaluation version of tscapture (https://tscapture.com/TSCaptureSetup.exe), to capture a 1 minute full transport stream from 11428,H,27500,23, and put the ts file somewhere like dropbox or onedrive etc, and let me know the download link, I'll add the missing bits for Freesat with SAT>IP.
Hello, thanks the reply. I'll see if I can get a capture.
Not having much luck with this.

With TSCapture it lists the Sat IP server but I just can't get it to scan. I can select 'Single Satellite', then '0282 Astra...', press Scan, a window pops up then nothing ever happens. Select 'Manual Scan', choose the satellite again, choose 11426,27500, H from the drop downs, press Scan again, same empty window pops up and nothing happens.

Found another program called TSReader (also for Windows) which did manage to connect to the server, once I figured out that hostname/ip meant add the port on the end as well if you need to! Unfortunatel the Lite version will not save to a file and that costs $99.

Tried to use ffmpeg to get the stream. I can see it connects to the server but couldn't get it so save anything. Of course with ffmpeg there are so many possible options it could take a while to figure out :-(

Sim
Ah right - sorry, I forgot you were using SAT>IP, so TSCapture probably isn't your best option.

I'm not really sure what the best way to get the stream is. If a another UK user is feeling helpful, are are using Windows with regular DVB-S/S2 tuner, maybe they could capture a 1 minute full transport stream from 11428,H,27500,23. (ie, I don't need the file to have come from your SAT>IP device - I just need a current file)
Hi sub, I've sent you a PM with a capture.
Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3