NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nextpvr server stopped running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

After I put in the NShared and NextrPVRUI dlls a few days ago to fix the Duplicates in the recording list, I started having a problem with the nextpvr server mysteriously stopping. The Linux server was still running and I could access the shares directly in KODI, but the recordings stopped happening and the clients could no longer find the server.  I had to reboot the Linux server to get it started again.

It failed sometime between late Sunday night and 9pm Monday but I didn't notice until I tried using a client tonight.  I restarted the server and it was working, but it seemed to crash when I was in the client and I was trying to scroll thru my long list of recordings to get down to the Supergirl recordings.

I looked at the end of the log file for the 2nd to last log and it shows roughly where I was in the scrolling as the final entry.  The newest log is after rebooting the server.

The new android client was very responsive at scrolling and I had the down button on the DPAD of the remote held down due to the long scrolling needed.  Perhaps it overloaded the app with all the SQL gets.  It would be nice to have some way to jump faster in the list with just the limited Dpad remote of he Chromecast with GoogleTV.  I know I can use the apps on my phone to act as a remote with a keyboard, but this time I was using the ONN knockoff of the Google TV, and I never tried to see if the Google app worked with it.

Any ideas?

I missed several shows that were supposed to record on Monday night because the server was not running.  Any way to check if the NextPvr server is running in a shell script? If so I can perhaps write a chron job that checks to see if it is running and notifies me with an email or text.

Thanks,
Steve Tyrakowski
It'd be guess work without the logs.
(2021-10-27, 03:29 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be guess work without the logs.

I did attach the logs I don't know what happened.  I'll try again.
Logs need to be zipped and under 2MB

The channel up/down keys on the ONN (it is not a knockoff it is a legitimate and licensed Android TV ) should scroll a page at a time, like the AFTV FF/RW do.

martin
(2021-10-27, 03:32 AM)SteveTyrakowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-27, 03:29 AM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be guess work without the logs.

I did attach the logs I don't know what happened.  I'll try again.

It was 2.8mb, so maybe too big.  I deleted one of the device adapter logs that was 9mb so see if this one works.
There is far too much spam in the logs for them to be useful as s but I need you to turn on verbose logging to disable the cache. I also recommend closing the web browser session if you aren't using it. It can fill a log in an hour on its own. UI clients are spammy too which is why I kill the session after 10 minutes of inactivity

I also suggest you investigation journalctl for any crash related info. This might help narrow it down.

sudo journalctl | grep nextpvr

Looking at the big list of files, you might want to consider taking the ONN back to Walmart and exchanging it for the TiVO4K if/when they have it for $30 You will find the numbers on the remote are probably worth 10 bucks.

Martin
(2021-10-27, 12:59 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]There is far too much spam in the logs for them to be useful as s but I need you to turn on verbose logging to disable the cache.    I also recommend closing the web browser session if you aren't using it.  It can fill a log in an hour on its own.  UI clients are spammy too which is why I kill the session after 10 minutes of inactivity

I also suggest you investigation journalctl for any crash related info.  This might help narrow it down.

sudo journalctl | grep nextpvr

Looking at the big list of files, you might want to consider taking the ONN back to Walmart and exchanging it for the TiVO4K if/when they have it for $30 You will find the numbers on the remote are probably worth 10 bucks.

Martin
Here are the results of that search for the recent days:

Oct 24 14:57:47 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
Oct 24 14:57:47 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Oct 25 19:51:53 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Oct 25 19:51:53 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Oct 26 21:22:42 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Oct 26 21:22:43 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

The first entry looks like when I had to reboot the server after copying the new DLLs to fix the duplicate listing.  The other 2 are the failures I mentioned in this thread.  Any clues from that?

I was reading about that Tivo4K a couple days ago and I'll pick one up when I see one.

Thanks,
Steve T
It's a segment overwrite so a memory issuu somewhere, but it could be in NextPVR code, a tuner driver, or a library that is used did you look at the actual file to see if there are any more details around those times?

Martin
(2021-10-27, 04:44 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]It's a segment overwrite so a memory issuu somewhere, but it could be in NextPVR code, a tuner driver, or a library that is used did you look at the actual file to see if there are any more details around those times?

Martin

I've been out all day.  I'll try to do some more digging in the crash log.  I'll try to see if I can reproduce the crash with the Android app tomorrow when I don't have any recordings scheduled.

You asked me to set verbose logging.  Where do I set that?  I didn't see anything in the settings web page.

Steve T
(2021-10-28, 02:33 AM)SteveTyrakowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-10-27, 04:44 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]It's a segment overwrite so a memory issuu somewhere, but it could be in NextPVR code, a tuner driver, or a library that is used did you look at the actual file to see if there are any more details around those times?

Martin

I've been out all day.  I'll try to do some more digging in the crash log.  I'll try to see if I can reproduce the crash with the Android app tomorrow when I don't have any recordings scheduled.

You asked me to set verbose logging.  Where do I set that?  I didn't see anything in the settings web page.

Steve T
I was able to cause a crash again by doing a lot of scrolling thru the ready recordings and then some scrolling thru the Supergirl recordings.  That all seemed to be OK, but then when I hit the exit button to quit out, UIDroid exited instead of going back one menu.  The nextpvr server was also crashed at that point.

Here are the few journalctl entries around the crash:

Oct 30 12:03:17 hvr kernel: show_signal_msg: 49 callbacks suppressed
Oct 30 12:03:17 hvr kernel: dotnet[21031]: segfault at 18 ip 00007f4ebc631193 sp 00007f4e4bffcd68 error 4 in libSkiaSharp.so[7f4ebc5cb000+803000]
Oct 30 12:03:17 hvr kernel: Code: 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 53 bf 38 00 00 00 e8 45 b3 5b 00 48 89 c3 48 89 c7 e8 0a 87 00 00 48 89 d8 5b c3 0f 1f 44 00 00 48 89 f8 <48> 8b 7f 18 48 85 ff 74 04 f0 83 07 01 4c 8b 40 20 48 8b 48 28 4c
Oct 30 12:03:17 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=11/SEGV
Oct 30 12:03:17 hvr systemd[1]: nextpvr-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

where do I set the verbose logging you asked for?

Thanks
Steve Tyrakowski
Pages: 1 2 3