NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NLite play issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I select Play from NLite on a recording that has commercials flagged at the beginning of the recording (in this case 57 seconds), the screen is blank, but I can see the recording info and the progress bar. I can also skip ahead, but still no video if I click play.
If I select Resume, the recording plays ok, starting at the 57 second mark.
The Play log file is pretty much empty.
Both logs and Play screen shot attached.
I'm using the latest comskip on the server.
To be honest, I don't think I've ever tried playback from a recording with a comskip file from nlite. I don't personally use it, so I haven't spent a lot of time with this over the years.

Can you post a comskip file? I'll try it here.
I think there must be a regression somewhere after 5.2. The EDL file I was using to test comskip 0 issues is no failing again. I thought after 10 year this was fixed.

Martin
Here's my comskip.ini file. My modifications are at the beginning.

live_tv=1 ; set to 1 if you use parallelprocessing and need the output while recording
edl_skip_field=3 ;skip the marked commercials the first time it attempts to play them
always_keep_last_seconds=180
Probably unrelated, but I'm also testing NextPVR on a Roku. When I press play on the same recording, it correctly starts playing at the 57 second mark.
artmetz, I've just updated client.zip. Let me know if it helps.
Yes, both Play and Resume work as expected now. Thanks!
I've run into another issue with NLite during playback that I was going to try to troubleshoot before reporting it, but there no longer is a log file being generated. (C:\Users\Public\NPVR-Data\logs)
I have this setting in the C:\Users\Public\NPVR-Data\config.xml, but see no others related to logging.
    <ExtendedLogging>true</ExtendedLogging>

NLite is running on a Windows 7 client in another room.
It should be in C:\Users\Public\Nlite\logs now. (mainly done to separate out the config.xml one machines that have both nextpvr server and nlite installed)