NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NLite playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm seeing a couple minor issues with NLite now that I'm using it more with V5.
First, I can see the mouse cursor and would prefer it be hidden during playback. It typically takes a few minutes to happen, but then keeps happening somewhat randomly. I don't think the mouse is triggering it as this didn't happen with the V4 client on the same system.
More importantly, the progress bar is popping up periodically as if the mouse position is changing. Eventually it disappears, but the screen darkens and it's distracting. It's as if a mouse movement is triggering it.
I don't see anything relevant in the log.

This is on a Windows 7 standalone system.
Just in case it's related, this machine is running over a fast wifi connection between the server (585 mbps). I will run a test on a client that is directly on the gigabit network.
(I'm also seeing occasional pauses in the playback on that system)
I ran into this issue years ago with a Windows application I wrote. It was getting mouse move notifications even though the cursor hadn't actually moved. (seems like it was a side effect of some other notification).
A solution was to keep track of the last mouse/cursor position and ignore the mouse move if it hadn't actually changed position.

If the NLite source is available, I could take a look at the code...
NLite DShow version isn't open source but NextPVR.exe has certainly had problems with a faulty mouse and trackball events in the past. Trying another mouse would be a better solution. From the server logs which you didn't send you would see the x y moves and mouse clicks that get sent

Martin
Ok. I'll try your suggestions and check the logs. This is a Windows 7 system that was running the V4 full client without the issue. I also was using the V4 NLite occasionally and didn't see the issue. However V4 NLite had problems with pause/resume/skip and I rarely used it. The new NLite fixed those issues, plus I need it as the V5 client now.
I've updated client.zip. This new build adds logic to auto hide the mouse, and to filter out small imperceptible mouse movements that can happen even when you think the mouse isn't being moved.
Thanks. It appears to be fixed. I'll test and use it more later.