NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TabloTV Extra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Attached is the Extra for Tablo TV devices. 

1. Unzip the file into the NextPVR program folder

2. From the program folder

a.  On Windows, delete TabloTV*.json files and run

TabloTV install

b. on Linux you can optionally delete TableTV.exe the  run

sudo /opt/dotnet/dotnet TabloTV.dll install

3. If you device doesn't support http services two other option are available

a. Use UDP discovery

install scan

b. Manually enter one or more IP addresses

install IP ...

4.  During the install run if you have Schedules Direct installed with the OTA lineup for your area, you will be prompted to automap and update the EPG for all SD channels.  XMLTV sources can be added manually using the normal logic.

Note that channels need to be scanned and enabled in the Tablo settings before loading into NextPVR.  Channels can be excluded in either the Tablo settings or in NextPVR.

Also note that NextPVR will only use the Live TV transcoding options even for NextPVR recordings.

Note: This is not compatible with Gen 4 devices

Martin
Martin:

Finally in my new house, switching from HDHR to Tablo. Have a 2-tuner non-HDMI Tablo.

First I updated NextpVR to the latest one. I was on v4, so I did the v4 to v5 migration, and put V5 on port 8877 so it does not conflict with V4 of 8866.

I then installed the Tablo Extra by expanding the zip to the program file, and deleting the two TabloTV.*.json files. This left two new files, TabloTV.exe and TabloTV.dll.  I then ran TabloTV install from a command prompt. I get an unhandled exception. It is finding my channels from the Tablo, but then unhandled. See below.

I am using Zap2xml, so I will need to map my channels manually.

I do not see the tablo show up as a device (but did not try rebooting after the failed install)

I am attaching the command window results with the exception.

I am running on Windows 10.

Any thoughts sure would be appreciated!

Note: I also copied my database and config from V4 into the V6 public/npvr directory, and then edited the config to change the port.

Thanks
Chuck

PS: I just rescanned for devices and the Tablo shows up in NPVR. Still concerned teh setup is not complete due to the exception
There is no v5 we are on v6. Attachments must be zipped but images can be inserted in the post.

I would need to see the zipped logs to see what might have happened.

Martin
Correct. I am running V6. The migration instructions were for V4 to V5, but I followed them and most things seem to be working.

I zipped the command window record, attached.

Are there other logs during the install?

Thanks
Thanks, was NextPVR running when you run this? If not it might be a problem with port 8867. Where it failed would not be a problem for tuning those channels.

Martin
Thanks for looking.

Yes, I believe the server was running, but not the client.

I have verified that all seems to work at this point, despite the exception, so I think all is good.

Thanks for taking a look

Chuck
I realize this is well beyond the scope of this conversation and certainly understand if you choose not to answer or delete if this question is inappropriate.

Is the method used for accessing the Tablo tuners something that could be generalized /shared?

I'm looking at a number of different solutions for different elements of video access. Specifically looking at some solutions using tvheadend on the video source end. I have found people using a hdhomerun emulator to feed them into tvheadend. I have not (yet) found anything mentioning getting Tablo tuner access in a similar way.

Long winded way of asking whether the process you are using could potentially be ported.

Again, feel free to delete if not appropriate to this forum.
Why did you post this on the TabloTV thread? Perhaps it needs to be moved?

The python source to the PlutoTV extra is included in the addon.

The only difference with TVHeadend input and NextPVR is TVHeadend is Linux only. If you look at there addons they are just use linux pipe: input variables which is exactly one option an Extra provides. There is no magic on the source, but TVHeadend does offer better options for saving streams to mkv and mp4. NextPVR's approach for remuxing is more web centric but you are free to post process files with ffmpeg (again like TVHeadend) however you'd like.

Martin
I apologize. my op was supposed to say Tablo not pluto. I also edited the op
Sorry no then, I've had to deal with too many comments from TVHeadend users indicating NextPVR is bad because it is not open source, it runs on Windows (add your favourite anti-Microsoft comment here), C# is crap etc. so I don't feel any compulsion to help. I truly believe there would be more users of NextPVR if TVHeadend users didn't interfere in the PVR selection process.

Besides there aren't enough interested TabloTV users to justify the time of making it open source and it doesn't work with the current generation of h/w anyway. Interested users could simply use NextPVR

Martin
Pages: 1 2