NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Channel closes after selecting server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

My NextPVR channel automatically returns to the "Configure NextPVR Server" menu one second after the nextpvr server is selected. Manually entering it also does not seem to help. Could someone please help me find a work around or let me know if I'm missing something obvious. I'm using a Roku Ultra and trying to connect to a NextPVR back end server on a PC. I've been able to connect using other streaming devices without any problems.
If discovery is working and you see the IP the only thing that comes to mind is a potential problem of using V4 and V5, you might manually need to enter the V5 port. Otherwise I would need to see the zipped NextPVR logs for a clue.

Martin
I was using V4 on the PC, I uninstalled it and installed V5 and it seems to work with the Roku without any problems. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
Hello,

I have the same problem v5 works fine on a win10 computer but latest v4 on win 7 computer does not.
I cant put ver5 in win 7 w/sp1..... installation does nothing but fail, I fix one problem and get a new error so I am stuck with v4 on this computer
(2021-12-05, 01:57 AM)buntay20 Wrote: [ -> ]I cant put ver5 in win 7 w/sp1..... installation does nothing but fail, I fix one problem and get a new error so I am stuck with v4 on this computer

Sorry the Roku client will never support v4.   Open a new thread in the Windows forum and we can see about getting NextPVR V5 running on the Win 7 SP1.

Martin