NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to export and import channel configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have successfully scanned my Sat->IP Kabel TV tuner and would like to export and then import the found channels to another NextPVR server without doing the scanning again. Is this possible?

And an additional question.
I have noted that 2 TV stations are missing. Is it possible to add a tuner setting manually by editing some file?

regards

Marty
(2021-12-07, 04:00 PM)Marty56 Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully scanned my Sat->IP Kabel TV tuner and would like to export and then import the found channels to another NextPVR server without doing the scanning again. Is this possible?
Sorry, it's not currently possible. There was some partial work done on this, but it wasn't complete so not enabled in the build. It's still on my to-do list to complete this. (some complications on Linux with libdvbv5 were the sticking point)

Quote:And an additional question.
I have noted that 2 TV stations are missing. Is it possible to add a tuner setting manually by editing some file?
Not really. The channels are in a couple of tables in the NPVR.db3 database file, but it is complicated and not really seen as something a user would do manually.
Thanks for the fast response.

Can I start a new scan without loosing my dedicated channel numbers which I have assigned before?
Hmm, I think so? It's been a while since I explicitly checked this with SAT>IP and I can't remember definitively. You can backup your npvr.db3 file though, and restore it if it breaks your channel numbers.
Be very careful doing a second scan on linux if it uses dvbv5-scan. I would back up the conf files and db3 file "just in case"

A few things that I have identified to sub that I hopes he can correct

- you will have two copies of each channel after channel, if the parameters don't change, untick it before adding it back it, your existing channel should be ok.
- if the channel parameters did change and you know it tick it and remove the other channel when you go back in to the full channel list, this can be touch
- if there is a weak channel that isn't found on the new scan it will be removed from the conf file but it stays in the database and it will fail if you try and use it.

Martin
He's using SAT>IP, so not using libdvbv5
Ok thanks. I saw your comment about libdvbv5 and thought it was used somehow.

Martin
No, I was just meaning I was held up on export/import feature because of one aspect of NextPVR on Linux. (not related to SAT>IP in this case)