NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Jellyfin 10.8 Alpha & Beta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have updated the plugin to deal with some breaking changes in Jellyfin 10.8 API's.   If anyone wants to test it let me know and I will upload the new dll.   All I test with Jellyfin is that it loads,  plays Live TV in a Windows browser and the logs look ok.

Martin
Attached is the plugin.  Remember this is for 10.8 alpha2 and maybe higher.  Replace the files in plugins\NextPVR_6.0.0.0 sorry I don't know how to bump the version number.

Martin
I got the Jellyfin server running with the NextPVR plugin zip. Live TV works from a web browser but I couldn't get any recordings to play. Web client responded with...

"Playback Error
This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format."

Attached logs.
The default streaming protocol for recordings in Jellyfin and Emby will not work unless you enable the unauthenticated access option on the NextPVR Settings->Access tab. Typically this is not an issue since if buy into those platforms you won't be exposing NextPVR ports to the Internet.

The reason for this is their API requires permanent links to recordings, there is no callback to get new credentials. In Jellyfin settings you do have the option of using Filename under the Recording Protocol so if the Jellyfin and NextPVR servers are on the same host, Jellyfin will use the file system. This direct access would be the preferred approach in your scenario on localhost.

Martin
This should be easy to reproduce. I tried to schedule a recording from the plugin guide on a show starting 30 minutes later. It was taking too long to respond, so I checked the server/console and noticed this exception. Let me know if you need more details/logs.

[14:23:51] [ERR] [59] Jellyfin.Plugin.NextPVR.LiveTvService: [NextPVR] Failed to create the timer with programId: 26182809
[14:23:51] [INF] [59] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker: Executed action Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.LiveTvController.CreateTimer (Jellyfin.Api) in 35.6815ms
[14:23:51] [INF] [59] Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware: Executed endpoint 'Jellyfin.Api.Controllers.LiveTvController.CreateTimer (Jellyfin.Api)'
[14:23:51] [ERR] [59] Jellyfin.Server.Middleware.ExceptionMiddleware: Error processing request. URL POST /LiveTv/Timers.
System.Exception: Failed to create the timer with programId: 26182809
at Jellyfin.Plugin.NextPVR.LiveTvService.CreateTimerAsync(TimerInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in D:\jellyfin\jellyfin-plugin-nextpvr\Jellyfin.Plugin.NextPVR\LiveTvService.cs:line 271
at Jellyfin.Plugin.NextPVR.LiveTvService.CreateTimerAsync(TimerInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in D:\jellyfin\jellyfin-plugin-nextpvr\Jellyfin.Plugin.NextPVR\LiveTvService.cs:line 274
I suspect that you did an EPG update in NextPVR and didn't keep the EPG in Jellyfin synchronized, this is a very common Emby/Jellyfin problem. Try running the update EPG task then scheduling the recording to confirm.

I do have a utility posted somewhere here you can use to add to PostUpdateEpg scripts to keep them in sync.

Martin
Thanks. I hadn't done anything on the JF side regarding the EPG. I'll get that sorted.
Working now.
I don't have any tuner devices setup in JellyFin, but once I added Schedules Direct as a TV Guide Data Provider to the Live TV settings and updated the guide, scheduling a recording works now.

I don't intend to use JF for scheduling recordings, so I'm not sure I'll bother to set up the tuners. I'd prefer NPVR be the main/only recording service.
You shouldn't need to enable any Jellyfin PVR settings, you probably just triggered the EPG scheduled tasks.

Martin
Yeah, I don't think there was a scheduled task until I setup schedules direct. I'm pretty sure I looked beforehand. There was one for Internet Channels, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't one for Live TV. How would it know to use schedules direct until I configured it? In any case it's working now.
I also changed the JF scheduled task to run shortly after the NPVR EPG schedule. I'll keep in mind your script in case I need better synchronization later.
Pages: 1 2 3