NextPVR Forums

Full Version: EPG Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am using sat->IP DVB Kabel tuner that is build in my DVB Modem (Fritzbox).
NextPVR server is running on an LXC Container under Debian Buster (Promox). I have installed the lastet version of NextPVR.

The nightly EPG update using "DVB/ATSC EPG" results in 2 channels (Das Erste, WDR HD Köln) having no EPG information.
If I then manually update the EPG it (sometimes, actually most of the time but not always) succeeds in updating the EPG for those channels. I have already extended the search time to 120 secs.

Are there any further parameter I may try to influence the stability of the EPG retrieval?

Also I have noted that if the EPG information is longer text, then it is truncated. This is sad because it would be great to have the full description of the TV show. Is it possible to enlarge the text storage.

cheers

Martin
Quote:The nightly EPG update using "DVB/ATSC EPG" results in 2 channels (Das Erste, WDR HD Köln) having no EPG information.
Usually with this type problem, I'd ask the user to collect a sample full transport stream from the frequency that has the problem channels (Das Erste, WDR HD Köln). I could then run it up here to check what is happening.

Unfortunately I'm not sure quite how you collect one of those file for SAT>IP on Linux.

Is there any chance you could temporarily enable access to your SAT>IP tuner via the internet, and PM me the IP address? If so, I'd be able to try it from here. I'm sure I'd probably be able to get to the bottom of it in an hour or so.

Quote:Also I have noted that if the EPG information is longer text, then it is truncated. This is sad because it would be great to have the full description of the TV show. Is it possible to enlarge the text storage.
It should already be storing the complete length. If your broadcaster is using multi-part extended event descriptions, it's possible the EPG from SAT>IP isn't handling this correctly. I could check that too.
Yes, in principal this would be possible.

We would need to arrange a dedicated time slot and I would have to remove all my devices during this time from my network.
Would you also need access to the LXC container hosting the NextPVR server?
From memory, I think it's only port 554 that would need to be forwarded from your firewall to your SAT>IP tuner.

If you can post your logs, I can check that from the SAT>IP information that is logged at startup of NextPVR.

I wouldn't need access to the container.

What satellite are you looking at?
I have Cable TV no satellite.
How long should I wait after starting the Nextpvr server to gather the logs?
Ok, cable.

Like 30 seconds should cover it.
here you are.
I think that forwarding ports 554 and 49000 should do it.
Please provide time slot via inbox.
friendly reminder on how to proceed?
Pages: 1 2