NextPVR Forums

Full Version: question on manual IP address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a roku and I am testing the roku app. So far it is working great. 

I do travel for work and take one of my roku's with me. Obviously the local IP scan wont find anything so imagine my excitement when you could enter a manual address!!

Here is my problem, I am running a port forward through no-ip.com and when I was away I tried entering the address on roku but I could not get it to connect.

Is there a syntax I need to know or is it just not allowed. If it is not allowed, will it be someday?? It would make the NPVR and the roku app system quite handy indeed.

Francis
Did you make sure to enable remote access for NextPVR change PINs and passwords etc.

Martin
I did enable and changed the password but I did not change the pin.......is that required also?
what would the format be? "http://web address*pin"??
It can't be 0000. The template has
Code:
IP:PORT*PIN

Martin
it didn't kick me out as fast but still kicked me out. The IP address is not numbers. I will pm you the address if you need it to see if you can get in.

it shouldn't matter if I am at home within my local network trying this cause I can get in through the web app.
Upload your NextPVR logs and if I don't see anything I can try.

Martin
log files
No nothing in there so PM me the info. I don't haven any Roku device set up right now so that will be tomorrow but I can test remotely quickly.

Looking at your earlier post if you are using port 80 you still would need to add it to use the template. Definitely avoid port 80 on the Internet NextPVR isn't hardened for that kind of threat.

Martin
I am using an external port of 80. I read your post when I got up this morning. 4:30am local time as I was leaving for work. I will make adjustments to ports tonight.
Works fine from here. I still suspect you didn't follow the template, you need to enter

Code:
http://hostname:80*pin

Martin
Pages: 1 2