NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No dice with Version: 5.2.5.220111
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi, 
just updated to the version above. 
Unfortunately NextPvr turned into a fiat panda after the update, unlike the Ferrari it usually sometimes is.

So, the config web page slowed down, very slow response. I updated the usual way, as has always worked before. Linux install.

But everything went a bit squiffy. Now I can't use NextPvr at all.

After trying to delete all devices I can still tune into all three DVB-C tuners, but after mapping the channels I can't see them in channels. Logs attached.

Cheers,
Phil.
Honestly, that's a pretty vague description, so not much to go on. There was nothing changed in this release that would account for the config web page to be going slow, and I haven't seen any other reports of this.

I'd suggest rebooting and checking if it's still a problem, if it is then post the logs. (missing from your original post)
Vague,
but it happened.

You've seen one in the windows forum.

It seems I get a 'cant insert to post' when I attach the logs
Upload the zipped logs you get from Settings.

Martin
(2022-01-15, 09:50 PM)phials Wrote: [ -> ]Vague,
but it happened.

You've seen one in the windows forum.
Which Post?

Quote:It seems I get a 'cant insert to post' when I attach the logs
Make sure the logs are zipped. Best option is to use the 'log files' button in the Settings screen to collect the logs.

If they're too large (over 2MB zipped?), then you may need to put them somewhere like onedrive or googledrive and post the download link
On a Mac it downloads as a file.
Folder, sorry
(2022-01-15, 10:05 PM)phials Wrote: [ -> ]On a Mac it downloads as a file.

The 'log files' button flushes the logs to disk, zips them up, and downloads the zip to the browser (which might not even be on the same machine as NextPVR is running). You can then use that to upload an attachment.
Rename it to .zip and upload it. You may have to go to preview post button to see the option and possibly use Firefox, I had trouble with Safari.

Martin
Usually it'd come down as a file, with a .zip extension etc, but could certainly be some quirk of Safari that causes it to ignore the suggested filename. As Martin suggested, you should be able to rename it to logs.zip or something similar
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5