NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tempest EPG Generator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I use Linux for production, but I expect most users here would be interested in Windows scripting. I personally use Schedules Direct but as I stated this information is for those who don't want to pay for the guide data.

I expect most Windows users would not want to run one 7/24 which is why I hoped for a shutdown url.

Martin
I’d say most people would something that only run for the period of time that it takes to create the xmltv file, then exits, so I can see why Martin is asking this.
(2022-02-06, 04:47 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I use Linux for production, but I expect most users here would be interested in Windows scripting.  I personally use Schedules Direct but as I stated this information is for those who don't want to pay for the guide data.

I expect most Windows users would not want to run one 7/24 which is why I hoped for a shutdown url.

Martin
Ok, so it is very easy in linux since php may be installed seperately from a web server. Just check latest available php for you os and apt-get it to install.
Then after you can prepare a bash or sh file with following lines;(of course after shebang)

sudo service php7.0-fpm restart  =>(here php7.0-fpm is an example, you need to change based on installed)

php /file/path/of/tempest.php engine=Generate tempconf=nameof.config.xml

sudo service php7.0-fpm stop   =>(change name again)

But as I said this php start/stop is completely useless and I suggest to run it as background service while it will not consume memory and completely safe 

For windows;

There are several ready-to-use web/php servers but if you dont want to install anything. You can download a php release(please note that 2 types of php exist as"thread-safe(ts)" and "non-thread safe(nts)" so if you encounter with any problem or slow run, try other type) from official php website, extract content from archive then from command line;

cd \folder\of\extractedphp\   => (your final destination shall be location of php.exe file)

php \file\path\of\tempest.php engine=Generate tempconf=nameof.config.xml

exit

So you completed grabbing without any install but with cli mode, you can do only grabbing operations and you will miss all the advanced features such as on screen channel channel generator , channel selection/indexer etc. For all gui operation you will need a server which is hosting tempest.php file
Yes I expect that is what most Windows users will want to run daily. They still will need to be able to run php -S etc to configure it, but that gives me an idea of how this might work.

Thanks.

Martin
(2022-02-06, 05:10 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I expect that is what most Windows users will want to run daily.  They still will need to be able to run php -S  etc to configure it, but that gives me an idea of how this might work.

Thanks.

Martin
You are welcome Martin and good to hear it helped  Smile
Hi everyone;

I wanted to notify that with the latest update and added configs, my app currently reached coverage of 60 countries with available +85K channels(with zip/postal code based dynamic channel list creation of 2 US providers, it reaches +150K channels).

Since it is a newly published tool and I am trying earn some reputation for it in several platfroms while explaining I am not trying hack anyone's bank account by giving free epg over their streaming devices, it will be highly appreciated to share their review/comments if there are some users. Thanks for your support
I went to clone your repo and it won't work on Windows because you use reserved characters in one folder name "**How to use**" and
USA/Info for "tvtv.us" and "tvpassport".md

For this to be most successful for NextPVR users it must run on Windows easily.

Martin
(2022-02-07, 10:07 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I went to clone your repo and it won't work on Windows because you use reserved characters in one folder name "**How to use**" and
USA/Info for "tvtv.us" and "tvpassport".md

For this to be most successful for NextPVR users it must run on Windows easily.

Martin
Wow, it seems there are several more things that I have to learn about git/windows transition..  I have aimed to keep that info files on top of their directory. I think it is fixed now. I change it 0_ prefix and cleaned quotos. Could you please try again , Martin ?
I did try it today but I cannot get it to display the Siteconfigs drop down.

Martin
(2022-02-10, 02:24 AM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]I did try it today but I cannot get it to display the Siteconfigs drop down.

Martin

Hi Martin. I updated "0_how to use" file with some photos for better explanation.

https://github.com/K-vanc/Tempest-EPG-Ge.../README.md

I guess you have copied files with their country folders together but only ".siteconfig.php" and ".channel.xml" files should be copied into "/tempest_config/site_config/" folder path. 

Also I added some Canada content to appreciate your support. I hope you like  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8