NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scheduled recording won't take
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am using the latest update NextPVR. I have 9 scheduled recordings that work fine. These were scheduled a little while back and possibly before the latest NexPVR update.
The issue is I cannot schedule another recording. I go through all the motions, saving from the Guide, and it does not save the program. I have tried different days, different channels, manually scheduling and scheduling through Kodi, along with different browsers (just in case) and it does not save the schedule. I checked to be sure ownership and permissions did not change on the database and they did not. I attached my logs that I downloaded just after attempting to schedule different programs with multiple attempts. 

John
You'd need to duplicate the problem and send the log. The only recording that was created worked and you deleted it. Unfortunately you didn't attach the logs created via the Setttings web page so current logs weren't flushed.

Are you running cron script to do EPG updates? If so I don't think it is working correctly stopping the service seems incorrect.

Martin
The EPG is updated through Automatic EPG Update under Settings/Guide.

These are my steps taken just before finishing this:
TV Guide and I click on a program for today and then click on Record Series and the window closes.
I then went to Setting and clicked on Log Files and they downloaded (and I attached)
I searched Scheduler/Recurring and the program that I clicked to record series is not showing. 
Please let me know if I am missing anything that you need.

Thank you.
John
Something is not working in your setup then since the logs aren't being flushed and in the most recent set it is 0 bytes. The EPG update at 4:44 didn't finish so I am guessing your zap2xml script is bad and you will need to check out journcltl or dmesg to see what is failing.

Martin
I apologize and I thank you Martin for pointing me in the right direction.

As I went to looking I finally noticed my root drive was full. 

Thank you for your help.
John
That is one of the things I checked so you must have /home/john/recordings must be on another drive

2022-02-22 04:13:10.394 [DEBUG][22] Checking disk space for: /home/john/recordings/
2022-02-22 04:13:10.402 [DEBUG][22] Available Space:
2022-02-22 04:13:10.407 [DEBUG][22] (Default) - 625771896832/593430245376
2022-02-22 04:13:10.407 [DEBUG][22] [{"name":"Default","total":625771896832,"free":593430245376}]

It might be worth adding an extended directory for the root folder so you can see it on the NextPVR status page.

Martin