NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Nlite on windows not working (black screen) after channel change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using nlite (windows) (client.zip downloaded Feb 17 2022) on a client PC
My server PC is running Version: 5.2.6.220206 
using LAVFilters 0.76.0

When I use nlite to watch a channel for the first time it works but when I try to change channels - all I get is a black screen - and sometimes the screen locks up - and short of a reboot I can't get rid of the window (doesn't show up in task manager)
Sometimes nlite crashes in case I don't need to reboot

I've attached the nlite.log - hopefully is sheds some light on what's happening 

It shows at 12:52:40 - I tuned to a channel - views fine and at  12:52:59 tried another - all I see is a black screen 

Note: I get the same behavior on a recorded file
Could you check the Windows event viewer for errors from nlite and post them in a message too?

Martin
(2022-02-23, 07:17 PM)ste-vv Wrote: [ -> ]I am using nlite (windows) (client.zip downloaded Feb 17 2022) on a client PC
My server PC is running Version: 5.2.6.220206 
using LAVFilters 0.76.0

When I use nlite to watch a channel for the first time it works but when I try to change channels - all I get is a black screen - and sometimes the screen locks up - and short of a reboot I can't get rid of the window (doesn't show up in task manager)
Sometimes nlite crashes in case I don't need to reboot

I've attached the nlite.log - hopefully is sheds some light on what's happening 

It shows at 12:52:40 - I tuned to a channel - views fine and at  12:52:59 tried another - all I see is a black screen 

Note: I get the same behavior on a recorded file

If I'm reading the log file correctly, the first one that you played ok was an MPEG2 video and the 2nd one was H.264 video. So I suspect that your problem is related to differences in video format, not "channel change".

NOTE: When you installed LAV, did you make sure to install the 32-bit version (even if you have 64-bit Windows)? NextPVR.exe and Nlite are 32-bit applications, so need the 32-bit version of LAV installed to work properly.
Okay I tried to do another test - I stuck to MPEG2 channels (using my OTA tuner card) - and on the 4th one nlite crashed - see attached

Also it will crash if I select any H.264 channel (IPTV)

Note I made sure that I installed both 64 bit and 32 bit LAV filters

Thanks for the support
We would also need the zipped server logs not just the nlite logs.

Are you sure you have set LAV for AC3?

Martin
Tried another test - nrecord.log , nlite.log and the config.xml attached

When I ran nlite for the first time it used the default config.xml - and AC3 is set to use LAVfilters 

Also I tried flipping between the first  couple of channels (CBLT, CFTO, FOX) multiple times and didn't have any issues - just CJMT which locks up the screen - last thing in the log file
I actually asked for the zipped server logs that you get via the web page.

Martin
(2022-02-24, 03:34 AM)ste-vv Wrote: [ -> ]Also I tried flipping between the first  couple of channels (CBLT, CFTO, FOX) multiple times and didn't have any issues - just CJMT which locks up the screen - last thing in the log file
If you do a recording on CJMT, does nlite have problems playing the recording? If so, put a recording somewhere like onedrive/googledrive and let me know the download url and I'll try it here in the debugger to see what happens.
Well - I figured out what (partially) is wrong -  I only recently tried to upgrade from V4 to V5 - what I did was copy the npvr.db3 to NPVR-data folder - and I thought it was good -  I have 2 Hauppauge tuners and V4 did an auto merge - somehow when V5 started up -it created a bad CJMT - there were 2 in the TV guide. I also realized that I lost the ability to remap channels from a local xml file that I download from tvlistings.zap2it.com (had to do this because the IPTV guide was useless)

Long story short - I think I will have to start from scratch to get my media PC working nicely with V5 - that will take some time so in the mean time...

- I have another media PC - and installed V5 fresh - IPTV recording plays fine on the server - but it crashes nlite  (could be my provider has a certain format?)

Attached some logs and here is the recording: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arg3zlQQRo-Ces4nQxXr...w?e=Dti2or
Yes going IPTV in v4 to v5 is an issue.

That TS file has junk at the beginning of the file. The range request from nlite is the first clue

2022-02-24 16:59:48.322 [DEBUG][83] - range: 24-

and maybe nlite doesn't handle that well. It hard crashes for me too but does work with a simple remux.

Sub might also need to look into the IPTV downloader too, but it could be garbage from your provider.

I did play it in uidroid though so it isn't the UI client backend

Martin
Pages: 1 2