NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Roku testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Those avoid transcoding setting don't make any difference to the Roku plus low end Roku devices don't support AC3 so it is needed. Open a new ticket with logs and I can see if I see anything. If it is skipping around it could also be a poor signal.

I will look into the second issues, it should be showing bytes received, like the web browser.

Martin
I figured out what was happening. I am using the older ROKU stick. My audio settings were all set to auto, the audio format was detected as stereo and I could not select a digital option. I had to go into the audio settings and change the digital output format to something other than auto, I chose DTS. Then it exposed the Audio Format "DD". Once it exposed DD I was able to set Audio Format, Streaming Format and Digital Output Format to Auto and the Audio Format DD sticks. Once I made these changes I was able to hear audio with Direct Play set to "True" in NextPVR. The Menu does not jump around when selecting "Watch". It takes about 10 seconds for the OTA video to start, I no longer see the receiving data in yellow. I can pause live TV but I am not able to FF or Rewind. All of this works properly when using the digital audio settings in the Roku. When it was set to Stereo It was unstable. I'm also able to use with Direct Play set to False, but after about 7 minutes the video starts to jump around. This is because I have a 7 minute buffer set in my Server. I'm using a ramdrive for transcoding.

I'll be happy to gather logs if you need me to. Do you just need the NextPVR server logs?
Ok that first part is working as expected, Direct Play doesn't currently timeshift and the 10 second start fro Live TV can't be avoided with the Roku h/w. I may implement timeshifted direct play, but that is low on my priority list.

I would check to see if your ramdisk is causing the issue by setting the temp folder to a hard disk, if you still have problems yes post your zipped NextPVR logs but it looks like it would be a backend issue not Roku.

Direct play doesn't use transcoding.

Martin
On my setup the transcoding information is being displayed ok when Direct Play is off. What is the resolution of your TV and your Roku device?

Martin
I do have a correction to an earlier post. The avoid transcoding option is quite useful if the source is h264/AAC It won't help with AC3 even if you have a Roku that supports AC3 since these options are currently web optimized.

Martin
It was my ramdisk causing the problems. I switched to an ssd. Once I set the Roku audio up properly everything worked perfect. No issues at all. Using direct play set to True.

But today it says that the trial has ended. Sad

Clint
That would be correct if you haven't installed the donation information from sub. You can also remove the channel and re-add it.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3