NextPVR Forums

Full Version: HD-PVR 1212/1445 Model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any info would be on setup as I just pick a used one the other day
I don't think there is Linux drivers for these are there?
(2022-03-23, 03:58 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is Linux drivers for these are there?

It there and been built in a long ago we are talk the very first HD-PVR it even supports under MythTV and supposedly it even work under OBS
Don't NextPVR 5 under linux support the analog capture like the 1600/1800/1850 or 2250/55 ?.
Are you sure? I though there were only drivers for the original component version (which have the same body shape), not these newer HDMI versions.
Actually - been such a long time since I looked at those, maybe the HDMI version is the different body shape.
(2022-03-23, 04:23 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Actually - been such a long time since I looked at those, maybe the HDMI version is the different body shape.

It Hauppauge | HD PVR model 1212 HD Video Recorder
Hauppauge HD-PVR - MythTV Official Wiki
(2022-03-23, 04:21 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? I though there were only drivers for the original component version (which have the same body shape), not these newer HDMI versions.

The HD-PVR 2 had wack up app mode driver I been trying been to get that change over to reg V4L2
All we need is a HDMI to 1080P Component Video Converter just like when you have to used the right HDMI Splitter you know what it for
Ah ok.

While support for this device isn't built in, there is an easy way to use it in NextPVR on Linux. Martin has an 'extra' for this. I can't remember details, but he'll be able to point you in the right direction. He's on holiday this week, so not around quite as much, but I'm sure he'll be along a bit later with some tips for getting it working.
(2022-03-23, 04:30 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok.

While support for this device isn't built in, there is an easy way to use it in NextPVR on Linux. Martin has an 'extra' for this. I can't remember details, but he'll be able to point you in the right direction. He's on holiday this week, so not around quite as much, but I'm sure he'll be along a bit later with some tips for getting it working.

That what I'm looking for I can't seem to find it
It is more reliable in Linux then Windows but you need to get v4l working so make sure you can capture with it You also need to get a blaster or FireWire tuning working since the built in blaster apparently is not reliable.  I never tried it.

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3