NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Category 'Movie' is added to all items in the Jellyfin EPG.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had this strange issue for several months, with Jellyfin v10.7.7, and NextPVR v6 plugin. And now recently after testing with Jellyfin 1.8.0-beta and NextPVR plugin v7.
I can't say for sure if it is NextPVR or Jellyfin that is doing this thing, but maybe someone in here could help me find out.
I originally assumed it was Jellyfin, and posted a thread on the Jellyfin reddit 6-7 months ago, but received little response there.

So if anyone here has any idea, I'd appreciate any help.

What is happening is that 'Movie' is added as a genre to every show/EPG item in Jellyfin.
(see attached screenshot of a Seinfeld episode, where in NextPVR EPG it says "Sitcom", while the exact same item in Jellyfin EPG becomes "Sitcom Movie")

This happens to all genres, so "News" becomes "News Movie", "Sport" becomes "Sport Movie" etc. However it is only the first category movie gets added to. If a show have multiple genres, i.e. "Animated, children, comedy" it becomes "Animated Movie, children, comedy" in Jellyfin.
The EPG source is Schedule Direct.

I find this to be a very strange problem and are not sure where to start look.
I did try a while back to edit the Jellyfin sqlite database manually and delete all traces of the extra "Movie" genre. But it got added back at next EPG sync.
Martin created this plugin. He's away at the moment, so might take a few days to get back to you.

Looking in https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-plu...esponse.cs, I can see where it's happening.
Thank you for your reply. There is no rush Smile
Oops as you might guess I don't use the addon so I depend on user feedback

Martin
No worries, I already found a sort of work around where I just added an extra movie to each of the category mappings in the nextpvr plugin setting in jellyfin.
But I'll be happy if there is a proper fix some time in the future, but there's no rush.
For future references if someone else stumble upon this issue.
Fixed in this post