NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Scripts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used NextPVR on Windows, but am at-heart a Linux guy.  I trying to implement the "Scripts" in Linux, following the directions for Windows, but I'm either missing something, or the scripts for Linux need to be implemented or named differently.  I tried creating a script called "PreStartup.sh" in /var/opt/nextpvr/scripts, but it seems to never be executed.  Should I name them .bat?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
.sh is fine but it is possible you didn't chmod them as executable.

Martin
Hi Martin! I did make sure that the scripts were +x. I can run them manually, and they work perfectly. I just can't get NextPVR to run them.
What does ls -l /var/opt/nextpvr/scripts/PreStartup.sh show?

Also perhaps restart the service and upload the zipped log and we can see what is going on.

Martin
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 62 Mar 29 11:30 /var/opt/nextpvr/scripts/PreStartup.sh
Ok that is the same as mine, so it probably is running and if we see the logs we might see a fail.

Martin
Looks like I get to eat some humble-pie. I had done it properly... but there was a path-error in my script. Fixed. Sorry to pester you Martin.
No problem, glad you sorted it out.

Martin