NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR app on iOS broken?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can successfully connect from an external IP address to my home server running NextPVR v5.2.6 on Windows 10 21H2 using any of the following methods: 

1. Using Kodi by configuring the NextPVR plugin to go to <homeip> and port 8866 (PIN required)
2. Using Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari by browsing to http://<homeip>:8866 (login required)
3. Using VLC by opening a network stream at http://<homeip>:8866/live?channel=<x> (no login required)

However, I just can't seem to get the NextPVR app for iOS to work. 

I bought it from the app store a few days ago and installed in on my iPhone 12 running iOS 15.3.1. I carefully followed the directions in the sticky post on this thread and first disabled the NextPVR service before configuring the app. I then set it up to access <homeip>:8866 and reenabled the NextPVR service. The app definitely connects to NextPVR (if I stop the service the app immediately reports that it's been disconnected) but:

(a) It doesn't prompt for any authentication when it starts up
(b) It won't display anything. No guide, no recordings, no TV channels.

The same behavior occurs whether direct stream is disabled or enabled. Further checks show that the app works fine if my iPhone is connected to the local LAN, but if I'm just one router-hop away from my local LAN it simply stops working.

What am I doing wrong?
OK, time to admit to being stupid when I'm being stupid. Turns out the four digits after the IP address are _not the port number; they're the server PIN. And in fairness to sub, it does say this in faint font, inside the four digit box. I just didn't read it. Works perfectly now :-).

However, does this mean port 8866 is hard-coded and the app won't work unless your NextPVR server is using this specific port?
In this screen, it's asking you to enter the server address and the pin number. It has gray text to give you hints about what it's looking for. ie, in this case your address might be 192.168.1.100, and your pin 0000.

It assumes the user its going to use the default port number (8866). You can however add the port number to the address if you wanted a non-standard port, by adding ":port". ie: if you were using port 8080, you could do something like this:

192.168.1.100:8080
NextPVR app on IOS doesn't work if you installed the last version of IOS on your iPhone. Developers didn't manage to update this app and make it work on the new IOS, but I read on https://zumroad.com/tech that in less than one week, you will be able to use this app on any device you have, even on Android phones. They also plan to make a version for the Apple Watch and other android watches. I hope they will make it work on my phone as soon as possible, so I can use it.
(2022-10-10, 01:22 PM)PrinceNieves Wrote: [ -> ]NextPVR app on IOS doesn't work if you installed the last version of IOS on your iPhone.
It seems to still be working here. What happens when you try?
(2022-10-10, 01:22 PM)PrinceNieves Wrote: [ -> ]NextPVR app on IOS doesn't work if you installed the last version of IOS on your iPhone.

I'm on the latest ios  beta and it works fine for me!