NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unexpected error scanning for other devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a fresh install of NextPVR on Manjaro.  I have a Hauppauge 950Q and it is not picking it up (Kaffeine does). When I go to scan for devices in the web interface settings, this error occurs.

Code:
[33] Unexpected error scanning for other devices: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (13): Permission denied
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.ForkAndExecProcess(String filename, String[] argv, String[] envp, String cwd, Boolean redirectStdin, Boolean redirectStdout, Boolean redirectStderr, Boolean setCredentials, UInt32 userId, UInt32 groupId, UInt32[] groups, Int32& stdinFd, Int32& stdoutFd, Int32& stderrFd, Boolean usesTerminal, Boolean throwOnNoExec)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at NShared.Visible.CaptureSource.UpdateDevices(ICaptureSourceUpdateStatus callback)
For a manual install did you remember to chmod +x DeviceHostLinux.

Martin
(2022-04-27, 06:55 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]For a manual install did you remember to chmod +x DeviceHostLinux.

Martin

That executable appeared to have come out of the zip with owner X perms, but it seems to have been fixed after I ran 
find . -name DeviceHostLinux -exec chmod 755 {} \;
Don't trust the zip, use the instructions for the manual install here https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid523886

Martin
Seems channel scanning is acting weird, I dont have the option to save but it is seeing all channels.

[Image: chscan.png]
nvm, channels showed eventually, just took an immense amount of time compared to Kaffeine and scanned up and down the spectrum multiple times.
The clear QAM spectrum is large and NextPVR should only scan it once, but yes it takes a long time. Plus be prepared to scan frequently and miss recordings if you don't

Martin