NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Guidance on whether this is a good scenario for NextPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have an older (Legacy) HD Homerun on the way. 

I want to use two Kodi clients

I have an existing xmltv list that comes off of one of the Kodi boxes with streaming sources.

I can get guide data for off air TV merged with that via Zap2EPG running on the Kodi box and write out the merged file to wherever.

A couple of questions after looking at the Web GUI configuration...

I see I can upload the merged XMLTV file, but I do not believe that includes the actual channels which I think are in a separate Playlist file. 

Will I actually be able to record on Raspberry Pi 3 Back-end with the legacy HD Homerun as a source?
Yes the server will run on a RPi3 and it can run native or in a Docker   How easily will depend on your host OS.

Expect some issues if you use SD cards they are not designed for extensive reading and writing

Martin
(2022-04-30, 05:27 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]Will I actually be able to record on Raspberry Pi 3 Back-end with the legacy HD Homerun as a source?
Yes.

Not entirely clear what you're asking about the EPG source, however NextPVR is pretty flexible, so you'll be able to use your xmltv file regardless. (if they names match it makes things easier, if not you manually map channels to their EPG source)
A lot of the packages are pretty flexible its a matter of how to get things done and how much work is involved, not to mention learning curve. I do not have months to learn how to configure it.
yea that's the problem its all about as clear as MUD
The problem is users not bothering to learn any new even terminology though setting up an HDHR is as painless as it gets. Here I did it in just over a minute, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYuG6670bMo your main difference would be pointing to your XMLTV file and making sure you keep the XMTV file current.

We don't even know what OS you are using so how do you expect us to really help you.

Martin
(2022-04-30, 07:59 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]yea that's the problem its all about as clear as MUD
Your question was pretty vague, so there was only so much info we could give you. The summary was "yes, it can do what you want".

Try setting it up. If you have any issues, just post, letting us know where you're stuck, giving a bit more detail, and we'll help you out.
(2022-04-30, 08:24 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is users not bothering to learn any new even terminology though setting up an HDHR is as painless as it gets.  Here I did it in just over a minute, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYuG6670bMo your main difference would be pointing to your XMLTV file and making sure you keep the XMTV file current.

We don't even know what OS you are using so how do you expect us to really help you.

Martin

I never even implied the problem is YOURS as you state. 

I think the documentation is lacking, especially where it comes to using it for IPTV, yea with a TV device is may be adequate.

Mark
(2022-04-30, 09:21 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-30, 07:59 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]yea that's the problem its all about as clear as MUD
Your question was pretty vague, so there was only so much info we could give you. The summary was "yes, it can do what you want".

Try setting it up. If you have any issues, just post, letting us know where you're stuck, giving a bit more detail, and we'll help you out.

There were two clear questions in OP that nobody has touched.
(2022-05-01, 12:39 AM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]There were two clear questions in OP that nobody has touched.
You asked 2 questions and both have been replied to although you might not think the first one was replied to since it wasn't actually a question.

Question 1 (which isn't actually a question):
(2022-04-30, 05:27 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]I see I can upload the merged XMLTV file, but I do not believe that includes the actual channels which I think are in a separate Playlist file. 
Answer 1:
(2022-04-30, 05:53 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]Not entirely clear what you're asking about the EPG source, however NextPVR is pretty flexible, so you'll be able to use your xmltv file regardless. (if they names match it makes things easier, if not you manually map channels to their EPG source)

Question 2:
(2022-04-30, 05:27 PM)markosjal Wrote: [ -> ]Will I actually be able to record on Raspberry Pi 3 Back-end with the legacy HD Homerun as a source?
Answer 2a:
(2022-04-30, 05:52 PM)mvallevand Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the server will run on a RPi3 and it can run native or in a Docker   How easily will depend on your host OS.
Answer 2b:
(2022-04-30, 05:53 PM)sub Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes.
Pages: 1 2