NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR TCP/UDP Port 1901
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Apologies if this is already mentioned somewhere, but I've been searching and I can't find the info I'm after.

I've set up NextPVR on my Linux box and I need to punch some holes in the firewall for it. The obvious port to open was tcp port 8866 (as I wish to access/control NextPVR from other machines on the network). After a bit of experimenting and googling, I also found out that udp port 16891 was needed for the Android/IOS app for NextPVR discovery. Indeed, running 'sudo ss -tulpn' lists all the listening ports on my machine, from which I notice that the NextPVR process is also listening on udp port 1901. Search as I might, I cannot find any info on this, so my question is, what does NextPVR use port 1901 for and have I missed any other ports it may use?

Many thanks

Mark
Port 1901 is used for SAT>IP tuner discovery. It doesn't need to be open unless you're using a SAT>IP tuner.
I think 1901 is only open on Linux because of a bug on discovery process.

There are more

DeviceHostLinux opens random ephemeral ports and runs as a service for the life of a digital tuner connecting to localhost.

IPTV, HDHR and other network tuners need outbound http.

Legacy HDHR devices need UDP 8020-8030 listening and UDP 45000 outbound

Martin
Thanks to you both for the information.

Mark